It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Upgrade hitters?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:35 am 

A guy in my league has openly admitted he's looking to improve his pitching staff. I usually like to jump all over this in hopes of improving my hitters. I think it's easier to build a pitching staff off the waiver wire, compared to finding quality batters. So, here is his team:
C Yadier Molina (StL - C)
C Kelly Shoppach (Cle - C)
1B Kevin Youkilis (Bos - 1B,3B)
2B Chone Figgins (LAA - 2B,3B)
3B Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B)
SS Stephen Drew (Ari - SS)
CI Adam Dunn (Was - 1B,LF,RF)
MI Kazuo Matsui (Hou - 2B)
LF Carlos Lee (Hou - LF)
CF Jayson Werth (Phi - LF,CF,RF)
RF Jack Cust (Oak - LF,RF)
OF Raúl Ibañez (Phi - LF)
OF Bobby Abreu (LAA - RF)
Util Russell Branyan (Sea - 1B,3B)
SP Chris Carpenter (StL - SP)
SP Jordan Zimmermann (Was - SP) NA
SP Anthony Reyes (Cle - SP,RP)
SP Kevin Millwood (Tex - SP)
SP Zach Duke (Pit - SP)
RP Francisco Cordero (Cin - RP)
RP Chad Qualls (Ari - RP)
RP Hideki Okajima (Bos - RP)
RP Rick Porcello (Det - RP)
DL Hiroki Kuroda (LAD - SP) DL
DL John Smoltz (Bos - SP) DL

I'd probably be looking to improve my OF, but he states that his C,1B,3B,CI,OF are all available, and he is looking for MI,SP. I'd probably look at moving Kazmir and another piece to upgrade my hitting. Does anything stand out for you that would work for both teams, but basically greatly improve mine? Thanks Grey.

Post subject: Re: Upgrade hitters?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:42 am 

I agree that you can get pitchers off of waivers, but your league is deep and you really don't have any pitchers to step in for Kazmir. If that said, I'd still trade Kazmir for Carlos Lee, though I'm not sure he'll go for it. Or Young or Slowey for Zimmerman.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:48 am 

A different scenario than the one above...
Schumaker and Garza for Kazmir? Good for me? I think I would drop Helton. He needs to clear up OF room for Ichiro, he also has Bay, Winn, McLouth, Hamilton, and Fowler. Other SP of his are Shields, Oswalt, Lohse, and Scherzer. Anything stand out? He wants to do 2 of his for 1 of mine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:50 am 

You don't want Schumaker and Garza. McLouth or Bay for Kazmir?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:51 am 

Hah, well he rejected McLouth for Kazmir and re-offered Skip and Fowler for Kazmir... Bleh... Don't really know where to go from here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:47 pm 

Ok, really weird, but he re-offered

Kazmir and Wigginton
FOR
McLouth, Feliz and Matt Thornton

I assume I should accept this. I would drop Helton in my Util spot, but what should I do with Thornton? Keep him and drop one of my other relievers? Also, I was going to drop Helton for Drew (off waivers tomorrow), but now since I would be dropping Helton, would I drop Rivera for Drew? Hope none of those questions are confusing!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:53 pm 

Nice... Drop Thornton, drop Rivera for Drew.