Trade Philosophy/Razzball Glossary

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
BSUjam

Trade Philosophy/Razzball Glossary

Postby BSUjam » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:09 am

Here is one of my trade philosophies -- tell me what you think. Anytime you can trade 2 players that are solid for 1 superstar you have to do it! For example, we had the Granderson/Carpenter for Hamilton trade discussed earlier. You have to go for Hamilton!

Think of it like this. You are single and swappin' fluid with 2 decent looking chicks. One might have a black tooth and one might have hairy pits, but all in all, the 2 meet your needs. However, a rich hottie comes along and wants you to commit only to her, and she does it all! What do you do? You go with the hottie! Kick black tooth and hairy pits to the curb and go with the hottie!

Is there a Razzball term for this type of trade?

Rudy Gamble

Re: Trade Philosophy/Razzball Glossary

Postby Rudy Gamble » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:22 am

This one's tough...how about a Chump Dump - A trade where you dump two or more mediocre players for a single great player. The best chump dumps involve trading a mediocre player at a position + a 'sweetener' for a very good player at the position. "I chump dumped Orlando Hudson and George Sherrill for Brandon Phillips."

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”