Scott Rolen for Kevin Gregg - Who wins?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
BKK

Scott Rolen for Kevin Gregg - Who wins?

Postby BKK » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:59 pm

This trade is going down in my league right now. I like it for both guys. Fills needs for both teams. But, curious as to who you think wins?

The team getting Rolen is a huge Jays fan. After this trade he will have the every starting player/pitcher/closer except for Overbay, Eckstein, AJ and BJ. The other guy only has one closer with Smoltz going down, Soriano flaming out and Izzy punching out TV's

On a completely different note, how would you like to have the nickname BJ? Does that mean he gives, gets or just dreams?

I heard a comic at the Winnipeg Comedy Festival recently on this topic:
"My daughter asks me the other day, 'Daddy, what's a BJ' to which he responded, 'An Urban Myth!'"

But, I digress.

Rudy Gamble

Re: Scott Rolen for Kevin Gregg - Who wins?

Postby Rudy Gamble » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Yikes, that's a shrug trade. Does anyone like Scott Rolen? Philly fans would boo their mother but Cardinal fans hate him too. That says something....

Hank
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby Hank » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:19 pm

Nobody. Unless your league scores...wow, there's got be some better action to be had.

BKK

Postby BKK » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 pm

With the point scoring system in our league, Rolen has be marginally better than Gregg over the past month. But over the season so far, it's Gregg by a long shot.

That's why a rarely have anyone from my favorite teams on my fantasy teams, it can blurr you vision.

Hank
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby Hank » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:44 pm

I'd probably trade him Rolen for a player to be named later. But I suppose Gregg>Rolen, I don't think Rolen is a fantasy starter in most leagues.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”