Rios question

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
mannybeingmanny

Rios question

Postby mannybeingmanny » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:13 am

What type of SP could I reasonably expect in return for Alex Rios in a H2H yahoo keeper league? Or alternatively stated, what tier of pitcher should I shoot for?

BSUjam

Re: Rios question

Postby BSUjam » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:23 am

Right now, while selling low, you maybe be able to get a Harang plus a solid outfielder to plug in for Rios. Harang is too good to keep down.

mannybeingmanny

Postby mannybeingmanny » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:15 pm

I appreciate the Harang suggestion. It's my fault for not posting my pitching roster, but I already have him. I tried to offer Brian Wilson for John Maine as was suggested by Grey, but I was rejected.

Relief Pitchers
Brian Fuentes
Brian Wilson
Jon Rauch
Salomón Torres
Todd Jones

Starters
Jair Jurrjens
C.C. Sabathia
José Contreras
Aaron Harang
Scott Baker
Matt Cain
Bartolo Colón
Dice-K DL

p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby p0rk burn » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Im not surprised Maine for Wilson was rejected. I don't think Grey is either, but if it went through it would have been nice.

It really depends on what your leaguemates think of Rios; are they in the camp that thinks he is more hype than talent or do they think he is just having a bad start? I'm in the latter camp but Im also a Rios owner.

Try targeting somebody like Billingsley. He doesnt have a great win/loss record but he puts up good stats. You are best off looking for the guy with a crap outfield and then going after his pitchers. People won't give you even a crap pitcher for Rios if they don't need the outfield help.

BSUjam

Postby BSUjam » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Looking at your staff, it looks like you could use some wins! Cain and Harang can't buy a win!

mannybeingmanny

Postby mannybeingmanny » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:50 pm

It's a keeper league (6 regardless of position). I can't forsee myself keeping Rios with both Ellsbury and Quentin.

I had a tendency to chase wins on the ww which would end up blowing up in my face.

Billingsly has been offered to me for Rios. I also floated Cantu for Dempster, not sure on the likelihood of that being accepted. I may try Cantu for Maine as well. Am I being unreasonable w/ my offers?
Last edited by mannybeingmanny on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

White Lightning

Postby White Lightning » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:51 pm

As of late Cain and Harang don't deserve a win.
Chase

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”