It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Sandoval/Mauer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:02 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Well, Grey, we return to the horrible events that led to Mauer being on my team. As I mentioned before, just him being on the roster makes me puke in my mouth. The manager that ended up with Sandoval is making overtures. Pennies on the dollar, Mauer for Sandoval? Going with my gut I say yes just because I don't want to have to package Mauer with another player and there arent too many other catchers I could get for him straight up. The Russ Martin owner also ended up with VMart due to autodraft; because of their name status I'm sure he won't trade either straight up for Mauer. Is it worth it to package Mauer with a player for either? Its possible to throw a closer in with Mauer for one of them since SAGNOF, but that seems like trading a wheelbarrow full of donkey poo for a truckload of catshit. Obviously, the catcher position is a revolving door and with the rest of my team I could manage with scraps, but if I'm giving up on Mauer it seems like I should get something out of it.

The rest of you are allowed to comment too. Stop lurking on my threads. I know its you RCL OG division-ers.

Post subject: Re: Sandoval/Mauer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

RCL OG?

Have you left the RCLORD already?

Draft Mauer in our league, by all means.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 pm 

p0rk burn wrote:
Well, Grey, we return to the horrible events that led to Mauer being on my team. As I mentioned before, just him being on the roster makes me puke in my mouth. The manager that ended up with Sandoval is making overtures. Pennies on the dollar, Mauer for Sandoval? Going with my gut I say yes just because I don't want to have to package Mauer with another player and there arent too many other catchers I could get for him straight up. The Russ Martin owner also ended up with VMart due to autodraft; because of their name status I'm sure he won't trade either straight up for Mauer. Is it worth it to package Mauer with a player for either? Its possible to throw a closer in with Mauer for one of them since SAGNOF, but that seems like trading a wheelbarrow full of donkey poo for a truckload of catshit. Obviously, the catcher position is a revolving door and with the rest of my team I could manage with scraps, but if I'm giving up on Mauer it seems like I should get something out of it.

The rest of you are allowed to comment too. Stop lurking on my threads. I know its you RCL OG division-ers.

Why would a guy with V-Mart and Martin want Mauer? Is V-Mart his 1st baseman? Why not just work the revolving door until Mauer is healthy? If you can manage on scraps at C, then you can manage with Mauer when he's healthy. In other words, I don't like Mauer, but I don't like the trades you're proposing either.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:07 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey, this goes to the "playing by the heart" part that only you and I only privy to at this point. Sometimes winning has to sit behind your principles. I hate Joe Mauer. I hate him so much I'd rather have a bag of dog-poo sitting on my bench and then I'd throw garbage bags and say "Fetch!" and see if he would poop scoop himself. I don't know if that even makes sense, this whole topic has me too pissed off to keep up with the iambic pentameter.

You're the only one keeping me off the ledge and the one thing I'm hearing from you is "the pavement is kind of chilly!" This is a man's game and its about making statements. I can take these soft-cocks with one Mauer tied behind my back. Give me a catcher other than Mauer or give me . . . Mauer?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:14 pm 

You're rambling incoherently. Is the baby keeping you up at night? Your wife leave you? Or has Mauer done this to you? Trade him for Sandoval if you want. It's the silliest trade I've heard in a while though. Why not trade him for a piece you could use, then just pick up catcher junk off waivers? Or just trade him for Sandoval. You do what you do. We'll stand behind you no matter your decision.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:19 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

You are wise beyond your years, Grey. The trade would be made out of pure spite for Mauer himself. I'm sure he makes a nice tuna casserole but he has to do that for someone else. An inflammation in his lower back? I just don't see him being productive this season.

I'll hold out for a better deal down the road. At this point in the season I don't see any Mauer trades giving me what I need. I just hate the man and I want to curse his pox on another team. May the team with Mauer have fleas in their crotch and may their arms be too short to scratch it, as my grandmammy use to say.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:24 pm 

You're one part crazy and two parts insane and that's why you won the ORCL or whatever acronym you kids are using nowadays.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:30 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Perhaps the time our Joe spent here has finally caught up with him

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:30 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Steve wrote:
RCL OG?

Have you left the RCLORD already?

Draft Mauer in our league, by all means.

Sorry Steve, but Mauer in my draft was a horrible tragedy I'm trying to fix. See the draft post if you really care. I'd never have him on a team but sometimes the technological singularity comes before its time. I will not be drafting him in our league unless the machines conspire against me once again; you can't plan for things though because, as a friend says, bienvenidos a la machina - except he doesn't speak Spanish.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:35 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

i assume you dont like mauer,,couple of young guys to watch out there but getting split playing time,so grab a guy that helps you somewhere,,molina,snider,laird,but dont panic yet