It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Need to deal a MI for a SP . . . thoughts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:34 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

If you look at my team its obvious I was out behind the barn when they were giving out starting pitchers. Really we kept 5 and by the time it came to my pick (after taking Andrus) the choices were Bills, Marcum, etc. So I need to deal for a SP unless I want to fly with this rotation in our H2H league.

Attachment:
2k11.JPG
2k11.JPG [ 50.77 KiB | Viewed 190 times ]

My buddy has this team:
Attachment:
mex.JPG
mex.JPG [ 54 KiB | Viewed 190 times ]

He is willing to deal JJ for a MI. I'm thinking I can afford to give up Andrus and probably one of my lesser SPs for JJ and an outfielder (in light of the Granderson situation). I'm thinking Andrus and Colby Lewis for JJ and Davis (I'd like JJ and Abreu but that seems a little unfair).

Agree? Disagree? Think I'm a jerk? Sound off!

Post subject: Re: Need to deal a MI for a SP . . . thoughts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:32 am 

Agree...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:23 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Well he decided he didn't need an MI but needed a CI instead. Between Votto, Prince, and Dunn I could afford to lose a few extra pounds (or 1B). He countered with Dunn/Lilly in exchange for JJ/Abreu.

Abreu doesnt do it for me, especially with Manny already on the team. JJ for Dunn is definitely too much in his favor, but I think I may have to do it just to address the lack of a SP.

[ ] yes, you need to overpay for an injury prone #1 SP
[ ] no, you take what the draft gods gave you and shut up
[ ] stop calling here, how did you get this number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:54 pm 

Dunn/Lilly is too much, you could use an SP though.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:26 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Ok, moved on to another team that is looking to move an OF. They have my kryptonite in Uggla and have expressed an interest in moving Uggla and OF and of course named Dunn as a target. If I get Uggla he will need a MI, but I doubt he values Andrus as high as I do, which means Reyes is the likely other piece of a deal.

His team:
Attachment:
fas team.JPG
fas team.JPG [ 53.77 KiB | Viewed 93 times ]

My team, still:
Attachment:
2k11.JPG
2k11.JPG [ 50.77 KiB | Viewed 93 times ]

I'm thinking Dunn/Reyes/Lilly for Uggla/Lester/Rasmus. I'd prefer Dunn/Andrus/Lilly but I have a feeling that would just make any subsequent deal harder to reach.

Do the Reyes?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:36 am 

I'd take Uggla/Lester there. With Andrus first, obviously...