It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: WHAT IS HOWARD WORTH IN A TRADE?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:33 am 

Someone is trying to trade me Howard in a 5 X 5 Roto 10 team league. What should I offer for him? Post your ideas here. My lineup is listed below followed by his lineup. Thanks everybody especially Grey the UNDISPUTED KING OF FANTASY BASEBALL ADVICE. Everyone now bow down to Grey and land him a REAL JOB as he says. This is fun. WOW! Let's make an offer he can't resist. I already am deep @ 1B but with that talent I can trade for a Hanley get a closer (since I have none, didn't plan it that way although I usually do punt on closers, none available right now either). My thoughts is make the deal for Howard and then load up a trade with Texeira, Fielder, or Howard with a pitcher or someting and make a run at Hanley, Reyes, or Rollins and a closer if possible but most importantly make a run at a top SS. I believe I will have the depth at that point. LETS ALL POST YOUR IDEAS HERE. Also, below is the current waiver wire claims in to go through tomorrow. Rank in order of importance and change out anything you see that looks bad. Let's play some baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/12/09 01:13 am ET The Fenway Faithful Shoppach, Kelly C CLE Varitek, Jason C BOS Pending Will be processed Saturday morning (2/14) Withdraw
Move Up · Move Down
02/12/09 01:12 am ET The Fenway Faithful Rodriguez, Wandy SP HOU Galarraga, Armando SP DET Pending Will be processed Saturday morning (2/14) Withdraw
Move Up · Move Down
02/12/09 01:09 am ET The Fenway Faithful Corpas, Manny RP COL Maine, John SP NYM Pending Will be processed Saturday morning (2/14) Withdraw
Move Up · Move Down
02/11/09 08:11 pm ET The Fenway Faithful Jimenez, Ubaldo SP COL Meche, Gil SP KC Pending Will be processed Friday morning (2/13) Withdraw
Move Up · Move Down

My team

J Varitek
J Clement
M Teixeira
C Utley
K Youkilis
J.J. Hardy
A Hill
P Fielder
C C. Hart
J. Bruce
M. Kemp
N. McLouth
R. Ibanez
N. Cruz (R)
R Ankiel
C Billingsley
E Bedard
E Santana
F Carmona
J Weaver
J Danks
J Johnson
M Garza
R Nolasco
A Galarraga (R)
G Meche (R)
H Kuroda (R)
J Guthrie (R)
J Maine (R)

Post subject: Re: WHAT IS HOWARD WORTH IN A TRADE?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:37 am 

HIS TEAM

D Navarro
M Wieters
R Howard
J Loney (R)
P Konerko (R)
B Phillips
G Atkins
J Rollins
M Tejada
R Theriot (R)
A Huff
A Dunn
B Abreu
C N. Lee
V Guerrero
W Taveras
S Schumaker (R)
D Ortiz
A Harang
C Zambrano
G Balfour
J Lackey
J Arredondo
J Beckett
M Batista
O Dotel
T Saito
J Zumaya (R)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:23 pm 

Headbustaz wrote:
Someone is trying to trade me Howard in a 5 X 5 Roto 10 team league. What should I offer for him? Post your ideas here. My lineup is listed below followed by his lineup. Thanks everybody especially Grey the UNDISPUTED KING OF FANTASY BASEBALL ADVICE. Everyone now bow down to Grey and land him a REAL JOB as he says.

Thanks, Mom!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:34 pm 

OK, Grey. Now what do I offer for Howard and then who sould I package up to land Hanley, Reyes, or Rollins? TY.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:41 pm 

You don't need Howard. You could use Rollins. But this guy's team isn't very good and I can't imagine he wants to trade away Rollins. If anything, he probably wants to trade away pitching and you don't want his pitching.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.