It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: ARod Trade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:54 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
would you like it better if i took out cano and added oliver perez? this is probably the best deal i can get for arod. i've tried all other teams in my league and i can't get a player like beltran for him. the deal would fill my roster out. i would just hate to lose arod next year without getting anything back. next year i probably wont be able to keep him.

i could try rios $16, kinsler $13 and beckett $38 for arod $58, cano $13 and perez $7 maybe. this owner probably won't do that deal though. he's hard to deal with.

No, I don't like it better with Perez.

I like the Rios deal waaaay better. That's a solid deal.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:10 pm 

LOL, the owner is now offering arod, cano and b molina for beltran, ichiro, scherzer and weeks. leaves me without a catcher but i can always draft or trade for one.

still not good enough, eh?

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- sandoval 13
ss - segura 7
4 of - choo 19, pagan 5, werth 9, moss 4
dh- davis 7

4 sp- darvish 31, buchholz 13, estrada 7, Liriano 4
2 rp- romo 20, papelbon 10

reserve batters - beltre 33, rollins 1, blackmon 1, crawford 8, victorino 18
reserver pitchers - colon 4, miguel alfredo gonzalez 4, minor 18, hudson 1, iwakuma 7, joe kelly 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:36 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
LOL, the owner is now offering arod, cano and b molina for beltran, ichiro, scherzer and weeks. leaves me without a catcher but i can always draft or trade for one.

still not good enough, eh?

Still not crazy about it, no.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:09 am 

this is probably a good problem, but if i do the deal for kinsler, rios and beckett, my team would include hamilton, crash davis and kinsler.

i normally don't like having more than 2 players from 1 team, but those 3 could be huge. but if one of them slumps, do you think it hurts me too much?

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- sandoval 13
ss - segura 7
dh- davis 7

reserver pitchers - colon 4, miguel alfredo gonzalez 4, minor 18, hudson 1, iwakuma 7, joe kelly 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:26 am 

ticklesack wrote:
this is probably a good problem, but if i do the deal for kinsler, rios and beckett, my team would include hamilton, crash davis and kinsler.

i normally don't like having more than 2 players from 1 team, but those 3 could be huge. but if one of them slumps, do you think it hurts me too much?

Slumps? Hamilton's injury prone, Kinsler has yet to play more than 130 games and Davis has yet to play a full season. But I like all three of them. Was just trying to be the voice of reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:39 pm 

not sure what i can do. there's pretty much 1 team interested in arod. here's his team, what would make a good deal? i can tell you he probably wont deal me rollins

1b-berk $44, 2b-weeks 13, 3b- zimmerman 13, ss-rollins 25, 4 of - hart 16, pence 10, ichiro 43, beltran 38, dh - wells 28
4 SP - myers 13, harang 10, volquez 4, chris young 13, 2 rp - jenks 13, street 14

notable bench - maine 7, scherzer 7, nelson cruz 4

he like arod, cano and perez. not sure what would be a good deal for me though. all the good guys are either high priced or he wants a ton for rollins.

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- sandoval 13
ss - segura 7
dh- davis 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:36 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
not sure what i can do. there's pretty much 1 team interested in arod. here's his team, what would make a good deal? i can tell you he probably wont deal me rollins

1b-berk $44, 2b-weeks 13, 3b- zimmerman 13, ss-rollins 25, 4 of - hart 16, pence 10, ichiro 43, beltran 38, dh - wells 28
4 SP - myers 13, harang 10, volquez 4, chris young 13, 2 rp - jenks 13, street 14

notable bench - maine 7, scherzer 7, nelson cruz 4

he like arod, cano and perez. not sure what would be a good deal for me though. all the good guys are either high priced or he wants a ton for rollins.

Besides Rollins he doesn't really have great keepers. Maybe Perez, Cano and Arod for Berkman, Beltran and Weeks? But that doesn't seem realistic and it leaves you with potentially no keepers.

Rollins straight up for Arod is about the only deal I could see him considering and that's the closest to fair for your team too considering the price difference on those two. But it's not a slam dunk.

Maybe hold onto Arod. If you find yourself not competitive this year for whatever reason, trade him in season to a contender for some keepers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:42 pm 

that's honestly the same deal i thought of throwing at him, cano, perez and arod for berk, beltran and weeks. i would be able to keep beltran and weeks next year. and if he did that, i could move berkman to a contender at the deadline. this team also needs a catcher, and i could maybe throw him molina if he sent scherzer back to me maybe. i dunno, i just dont want to come to a point where i have to drop arod.

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- sandoval 13
ss - segura 7
dh- davis 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:28 am 

the other finally came back with something.

i give arod 58, hardy 7, cano 13 and b molina 7 and i get berkman 44, rollins 25 and weeks 13.

was going to try and get scherzer back too, but i know he wont do that. this is probably about as close as we're going to get. i'd move davis to 3B, berkman to DH, and rollins is my new SS. i'm not crazy about weeks. seems every year is going to be his breakout year.

oh well, your thoughts on this?

also, you said earlier that berk, beltran and weeks for perez, arod and cano might do it, but it might leave me with no keepers. i could keep weeks and beltran out of those. not sure i like it, but i'm pretty sure the other owner would do it.

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- sandoval 13
ss - segura 7
dh- davis 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:02 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
the other finally came back with something.

i give arod 58, hardy 7, cano 13 and b molina 7 and i get berkman 44, rollins 25 and weeks 13.

was going to try and get scherzer back too, but i know he wont do that. this is probably about as close as we're going to get. i'd move davis to 3B, berkman to DH, and rollins is my new SS. i'm not crazy about weeks. seems every year is going to be his breakout year.

oh well, your thoughts on this?

also, you said earlier that berk, beltran and weeks for perez, arod and cano might do it, but it might leave me with no keepers. i could keep weeks and beltran out of those. not sure i like it, but i'm pretty sure the other owner would do it.

Beltran at $38 doesn't seem like much of a keeper and Weeks could be a keeper but he also could miss seven-eighths of the season and give you nothing.

As for the trade -- You're getting the best keeper there with Rollins for $25 and he's getting the best player with Arod. I like that trade for you. It's two 2nd rounders and a flier 2nd baseman for a very expensive Arod, Hardy and Cano. I'd do it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next