It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: ARod Trade
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:22 am 

13 team 5x5 standard roto league, $300 cap, add $3 per keeper each year. prices listed are 2009 prices.

I give ARod $58, jeff clement $7 and velez $4 and I get kinsler $13, rios $16 and soriano $53.

Or possibly substitute Ortiz $24 in for rios or soriano, which i doubt the other owner will do.

This trade could leave me with a hole at 3B if stewart doesn't get starts. I also have cano that I could turn around and deal for a 3B. The problem with ARod is his price. all other "first rounders", besides pujols $47, are much cheaper and nobody wants to trade anyone good to get arod for that reason. they'd rather wait for me to drop him because he's too pricey.

i can probably afford to keep him for another year or so, but that's about it. i just hate giving up someone that puts up those huge numbers every year. dunno, maybe i've got an overdose of the baseball itch and shouldn't worry right now.

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- beltre 33
ss - segura 7
4 of - choo 19, victorino 18, werth 9, moss 4
dh- davis 7

4 sp- darvish 31, minor 18, iwakuma 7, Liriano 4
2 rp- romo 13, street 18

reserve batters - kris bryant 4
reserver pitchers - colon 4, miguel alfredo gonzalez 4

Post subject: Re: ARod Trade
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 am 

ticklesack wrote:
13 team 5x5 standard roto league, $300 cap, add $3 per keeper each year. prices listed are 2009 prices.

I give ARod $58, jeff clement $7 and velez $4 and I get kinsler $13, rios $16 and soriano $53.

Or possibly substitute Ortiz $24 in for rios or soriano, which i doubt the other owner will do.

This trade could leave me with a hole at 3B if stewart doesn't get starts. I also have cano that I could turn around and deal for a 3B. The problem with ARod is his price. all other "first rounders", besides pujols $47, are much cheaper and nobody wants to trade anyone good to get arod for that reason. they'd rather wait for me to drop him because he's too pricey.

i can probably afford to keep him for another year or so, but that's about it. i just hate giving up someone that puts up those huge numbers every year. dunno, maybe i've got an overdose of the baseball itch and shouldn't worry right now.

I actually like that trade for you, but Soriano is really expensive too. You're going to keep him for $53 but not Arod for $58?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:07 am 

basically i would do that trade to get rios and kinsler as keepers. i would keep soriano this year at $53, but next year he'd be cut or dealt, which is what i'll probably have to do with arod next year. if i dealt soriano i'd have to take a less talented player because of his price. i don't want to do that with arod because of his #1 overall status, and he's worth much more than soriano.

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- beltre 33
ss - segura 7
dh- davis 7

2 rp- romo 13, street 18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:11 am 

Yeah, and Soriano is actually overpriced at $53. If Pujols is $47 and Arod $53, Soriano should be in the $35 range.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:40 am 

Two more things.

1. what about this deal (pretty much the same but span instead of velez or clement):

i give arod $58, span $4 and velez $4/clement $7 for kinsler $13, rios $16 and soriano $53

2. let's say this guy accepts my offer. i will then have cano and kinsler for 2B. i can possibly trade cano for gordon to fill my 3B hole. or i trade cano for alexei ramirez and move him to SS when he's eligible (5 games at the position). filling a hole is always good (HA), but i can always try stewart at 3B and go get ramirez to take over SS over hardy.

here's my current team:

c-b molina, 1b-howard, 2b-cano, 3b-arod, ss-hardy, 4 OF- hamilton, braun, maybin, span, DH -werth

4 SP-halladay, hamels, sabathia, lackey (cain, perez backup), 2 RP -nathan, wood

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- beltre 33
ss - segura 7
dh- davis 7

2 rp- romo 13, street 18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:06 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
Two more things.

1. what about this deal (pretty much the same but span instead of velez or clement):

i give arod $58, span $4 and velez $4/clement $7 for kinsler $13, rios $16 and soriano $53

2. let's say this guy accepts my offer. i will then have cano and kinsler for 2B. i can possibly trade cano for gordon to fill my 3B hole. or i trade cano for alexei ramirez and move him to SS when he's eligible (5 games at the position). filling a hole is always good (HA), but i can always try stewart at 3B and go get ramirez to take over SS over hardy.

here's my current team:

c-b molina, 1b-howard, 2b-cano, 3b-arod, ss-hardy, 4 OF- hamilton, braun, maybin, span, DH -werth

4 SP-halladay, hamels, sabathia, lackey (cain, perez backup), 2 RP -nathan, wood

Arod, Span and Velez or Clement for Rios, Kinsler and Soriano is fair. But as I said, Soriano can be had for much cheaper than $53. Why would you keep him? You can chuck him back into the pool of players and reacquire him for less, no?

Cano for either of those guys are decent trades for you. I'd prefer the Alexei one but either way it's fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:20 pm 

But as I said, Soriano can be had for much cheaper than $53. Why would you keep him? You can chuck him back into the pool of players and reacquire him for less, no?

No. There are literally no good players to draft, so even the decent players go for $20. Soriano might go for less, but no way would anyone get him for $35. There are a few terrible teams with only $150 in cap, so they have a lot to spend and will overpay.

I probably won't do that deal anyway. I just drive myself crazy waiting for baseball to start.

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- beltre 33
ss - segura 7
dh- davis 7

2 rp- romo 13, street 18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:36 pm 

Ah... Gotcha. My bad. Okay, then the deal's fine, but, yeah, Arod's obviously better and for $58 he won't be that overpriced.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:08 pm 

this should give you an idea of what type of league this is. i posted on my league's message board that i was fielding offers for ARod. this is one offer i got:

i give ARod and stewart and i get loney, maine, fernando martinez, zimmerman and matsui. LOL!!

what a joke! all of those players could be $1 each and i still wouldn't make that trade. now this owner does have some players of interest such as:

utley $16, soto $7, rollins $25, hart $16, cantu $4, and carlos gomez $7. what about these possible trades:

1. i get utley, soto and cantu and i give arod, b molina and velez

2. or i get utley, rollins and cantu and i give arod, hardy and velez

these 2 deals are probably heavily weighed in my favor, but that's my price for arod, lol. what players should i give in either option to make this a fair deal?

c- castro $4
1b-goldschmidt 10
2b- phillips 22
3b- beltre 33
ss - segura 7
dh- davis 7

2 rp- romo 13, street 18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:25 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
this should give you an idea of what type of league this is. i posted on my league's message board that i was fielding offers for ARod. this is one offer i got:

i give ARod and stewart and i get loney, maine, fernando martinez, zimmerman and matsui. LOL!!

what a joke! all of those players could be $1 each and i still wouldn't make that trade. now this owner does have some players of interest such as:

utley $16, soto $7, rollins $25, hart $16, cantu $4, and carlos gomez $7. what about these possible trades:

1. i get utley, soto and cantu and i give arod, b molina and velez

2. or i get utley, rollins and cantu and i give arod, hardy and velez

these 2 deals are probably heavily weighed in my favor, but that's my price for arod, lol. what players should i give in either option to make this a fair deal?

You're not wanna hear this but to make these deals fair:

1. Lose Soto. So you get Utley and Cantu and give Arod and those schmohawks. Velez and Molina are not fair guys to be trading. They're negatives at any price. There is a place for them but they're not equaling out Rollins.

2. Lose Rollins and just give Arod and Velez. Arod for Utley and Cantu is in your favor already. Or do Cantu and Rollins.

In actuality, Arod for Utley is fair when you consider the latter's cheaper price.