It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: halladay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 pm 

i wish you could see my league, here are the best OF available for the draft, so far. final rosters are not due until next month. but here are the best OF available for the draft right now:

torii hunter, jd drew, griffey, garrett anderson, dejesus

there are never any big names to draft. everyone either keeps their players, or trades them to another team for cheap prospects. it's a vicious cycle. auction drafts in this league are terribly boring because the only players available to draft are scrubs that go for $30 or more. and then at the end of the year the scrubs are dropped.

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
4 of - bruce 22, span 1, pagan 4, byrd 4
dh- encarnacion 7

4 sp- felix 28, ross 20, iwakuma 7, vargas 1
2 rp- benoit 4, kimbrel 24

reserve batters - Goldy 10, segura 7, werth 9, revere 1, francisco 1, howard 12
reserver pitchers - hudson 1, ryu 10, romo 20, darvish 31

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:27 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
i wish you could see my league, here are the best OF available for the draft, so far. final rosters are not due until next month. but here are the best OF available for the draft right now:

torii hunter, jd drew, griffey, garrett anderson, dejesus

there are never any big names to draft. everyone either keeps their players, or trades them to another team for cheap prospects. it's a vicious cycle. auction drafts in this league are terribly boring because the only players available to draft are scrubs that go for $30 or more. and then at the end of the year the scrubs are dropped.

Ah... I see. Then Soriano, Rios and Kinsler for Hamilton, Halladay and Cano is fair considering you also get some cap room (though I'm not sure what you're going to do with those dollars at the draft). Look at the trade this way, Soriano and Hamilton are near the same value. Kinsler is way better than Cano and Rios and Halladay are apples and oranges, with Rios being much cheaper. That's a push, win, push for you. It's not a slam dunk, but it's decent enough.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:35 pm 

yeah i'll try it, but i know this guy won't do it, he thinks his offer is fair. i just hope hamilton doesn't repeat if he takes the deal.

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:23 am 

like i said, he rejected my offer. the clowns in my league.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:55 pm 

got a new offer from the first place team:

i give halladay $40, cano $13 and hamilton $7 and i get markakis $10, ludwick $4 and alexei ramirez $4.

i'm not crazy about this one. i think if i'm dealing hamilton i would want holliday $16 or sizemore $16 back from him. but then again the other owner is taking on a lot of cap. another concern is ramirez loses 2B eligibility after this year.

your thoughts?

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:59 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
got a new offer from the first place team:

i give halladay $40, cano $13 and hamilton $7 and i get markakis $10, ludwick $4 and alexei ramirez $4.

i'm not crazy about this one. i think if i'm dealing hamilton i would want holliday $16 or sizemore $16 back from him. but then again the other owner is taking on a lot of cap. another concern is ramirez loses 2B eligibility after this year.

your thoughts?

Alexei should be better than Cano for 2009, Markakis and Hamilton aren't that far apart, but Hamilton is better right now and Ludwick and Halladay are kinda apples and oranges, but Hallday's better. Not a great trade for you, even if you clear up some cap room.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:03 pm 

1. will holliday instead of markakis make this a better trade? i know sizemore instead of markakis will, but i don't think the other owner will do that.

2. what about lackey, hamilton and cano for sizemore, ludwick and ramirez?

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:26 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
1. will holliday instead of markakis make this a better trade?

Not really. Holliday needs to get out of Oakland (which should be soon, but still) before I buy into him big time again.

ticklesack wrote:
2. what about lackey, hamilton and cano for sizemore, ludwick and ramirez?
It's not a slam dunk, but I like it, but will the other guy do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:13 am 

he said no. i guess i don't think the halladay, hamilton, and cano for ludwick, markakis and ramirez deal is that bad, if the deal wasn't with the team that won it all last year. if i made that deal, here is his team:

russell martin, teixera, cano, reyes, wright, 4 OF-hamilton, holliday, sizemore, ibanez, dh = ?

i guess the worst part is i think it makes his team better where i may not be able to compete with him.

sorry about posting so much here. bored and getting the baseball itch already.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:24 am 

ticklesack wrote:
he said no. i guess i don't think the halladay, hamilton, and cano for ludwick, markakis and ramirez deal is that bad, if the deal wasn't with the team that won it all last year. if i made that deal, here is his team:

russell martin, teixera, cano, reyes, wright, 4 OF-hamilton, holliday, sizemore, ibanez, dh = ?

i guess the worst part is i think it makes his team better where i may not be able to compete with him.

sorry about posting so much here. bored and getting the baseball itch already.

Yeah, he's going to have a tough team anyway. I don't think you should make that trade.

Don't apologize for posting. I have the itch too.