It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: halladay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:57 am 

what about halladay $40 for atkins $25? i'd save some cap and it would give me a somewhat decent DH option.

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
4 of - bruce 22, span 1, pagan 4, byrd 4
dh- encarnacion 7

4 sp- felix 28, ross 20, iwakuma 7, vargas 1
2 rp- benoit 4, kimbrel 24

reserve batters - Goldy 10, segura 7, werth 9, revere 1, francisco 1, howard 12
reserver pitchers - hudson 1, ryu 10, romo 20, darvish 31

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:02 am 

I'd cut Halladay before taking on a $25 Atkins.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:11 pm 

what about halladay $40 for soriano $53? i wouldn't be able to keep either past this year. i really need that OF or DH spot filled. thoughts?

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 am 

I like Soriano better than Halladay in the big picture, but only slightly. If you really need the OFer, I could see that trade making sense.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:25 pm 

i offered a deal where i gave halladay $40 and clement $7 and got soriano $53. the guy rejected and countered with me giving halladay $40, cano $13 and hamilton $7 and i get kinsler $13 and soriano $53. this is the kind of deals this knucklehead offers, and sadly, probably thinks are fair.

no way i'm doing that trade, but i wanted an unbiased opinion about a counter that i could send. the counter would be me giving halladay $40, cano $13 and hamilton $7 and i get soriano $53, kinsler $13 and rios $16.

what are your thoughts on this. i gain $22 in cap, but i can drop RJ $17 and a couple other players.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:48 pm 

I like Rios and Kinsler a lot. I think that's a good deal, except Soriano for $53 is a real lot. How much do 1st rounders go for in this league?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:13 pm 

arod $58
pujols 47
wright 16
reyes 19
hanley ramirez 10
cabrera 19
sizemore 16
braun 7
howard 13
santana 22

the higher priced players are due to our snake draft style before auction. we used to get prices from a magazine and draft in order. the last year we used the magazine, we kept current prices plus $3 to keep a player. now we just add $3 and auction any unkept player. any undrafted player was $1. you can see who was kept before they hit their prime, ie any cheap player.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:22 pm 

I like Soriano for this year, but $53 is way too expensive. Do you think he's going to be kept for that price by the other team?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:28 pm 

doubt it, but he'll trade him somewhere else. even if he is dropped i couldn't win him at the auction. i'm right at the cap as it is, with 2 positions to draft, 1 OF and DH. soriano was basically going to be a rental player for me this year, at the expense of halladay. i really like hamilton and don't want to trade him, but if that deal will help me more than hurt me, i'd like to do it. i'm kinda iffy about rios after he was predicted to break out with 30 hr last year and fell way short.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:04 pm 

ticklesack wrote:
doubt it, but he'll trade him somewhere else. even if he is dropped i couldn't win him at the auction. i'm right at the cap as it is, with 2 positions to draft, 1 OF and DH. soriano was basically going to be a rental player for me this year, at the expense of halladay. i really like hamilton and don't want to trade him, but if that deal will help me more than hurt me, i'd like to do it. i'm kinda iffy about rios after he was predicted to break out with 30 hr last year and fell way short.

I like Rios and for $16 he's a bargain, but Soriano's way too much expensive at $53. You're better off dropping Halladay and his $40 and getting a bargain pitcher and an OF for $53 total.