It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: draft for 2nd year keeper
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:11 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I like Brown a lot in ppr, but I still think it's going to be pretty fairly split over the long haul between Brown and Addai. If you can have him on your roster without starting him for a while I think he'll help you more later in the season.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:50 pm 

I'm in the draft right now, and I got wayne in the first round and Ronnie brown in the 3rd round. I am quite pumped that Brown fell like he did. there was a major run on WR2 guys. So I got slaton and brown with Andre, welker, and wayne. Lookin good so far.

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:56 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Sounds good!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:55 pm 

you liking steve smith or domenick hixon more as of right now?

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:22 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

ugh, I think Hixon will get more TD's

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:50 am 

The draft went well I think. Here are the results.

QB - shaub
RB - Slaton, R. Brown, Ward, F. Jackson, Jamaal Charles, James Davis, Bernard Scott
WR - Welker, A. Johnson, Wayne, Steve Smith (NYG), Galloway
TE - Cooley
DEF - MIN
K - Carney

I know, I know. I only have on QB. Well most of the guys kept a QB, and Warner and Romo both went before my 2 pick. That left only Shaub and Palmer left for top QB's. There was only one other team besides me that needed a QB. Well in round 5, dude took Palmer and everyone was laughing about me getting Schaub. Well, jokes on them, because I waited, and waited, and waited and finally took schaub in round 10. The next round everyone took backup QB's leaving me with the likes of Pennington, Culpepper/Stafford, Delhomme, Campbell, Flacco, etc.... Any of these guys are interchangeable in my opinion, and not really needed on my team. If I had to take a lower level starter, Schaub would be the guy. Also, I know my WR have a major dropoff after the top 3, but damn, is that a good top 3 or what? I mean, if Ronnie Brown can live up to the massive hype you ( talking to you Doc) have built for him, I see no reason why my team can't ride its way to an easy playoff berth, possible championship. I like all of my back up RB to get some good carries down the road. Plus Jackson and Ward could have breakout years. For some reason I am a huge fan of Jackson over Lynch.

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Looks good. I am worrying about Slaton and that Goalline shizz, but he should still be solid on a good offensive team. With Schaub's injury history you may want to grab Flacco, but if you think you can just pick him up if Schaub gets injured then you could probably wait.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:50 am 

Well, there are 4 other teams that don't have back up QB's. I think it would be wise to grab one now before the rest decide to ruin my world. Do you think Flacco is the man to grab from among Dellhome, Pennington, Flacco, Hill, Russell, Campbell, Sanchez, Brady Quinn? I'm thinking Flacco has more potential, but Pennington is more reliable to not suck it up. He may be average, he is reliable to be average.

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:47 pm 

I like Flacco the best out of the bunch... 2nd year in system with a huge arm. Flacco should get some good looks this year with defenses keying up to stop the BAL run game.