It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Draft position
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:06 am 

I have the #7 draft position in this years draft, 12 teams, redraft, no ppr. Thoughts on picking WR,QB,RB,RB. This would probably net Fitz and either Manning or Brees . Now you probably will not get a true RB1 but with the question marks all through the first round, what does everyone think of this option?Roster starters are QB,2RB,2WR,1TE. QB's score quite high taking 8 of the top 10 spots last year.

Post subject: Re: Draft position
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:56 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I think Cheese's post here http://football.razzball.com/value-based-drafting helps quantify why you shouldn't take a QB early. The idea that 8 out of the top 10 were QB'a just shows you that the 8th QB taken has a good chance of being very close in points to the 1st QB taken. In ESPN standard scoring I believe 7 out of the top 10 fantasy scorers were QB's. There are good arguments to go WR/WR as well. I am a RB/RB guy usually, but would go RB/WR/RB if I thought the right RB would fall to me in the third (Ronnie!).

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

Post subject: Re: Draft position
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:04 am 

I could see taking a WR or QB in the first or 2nd round, but not both. You would be greatly hurt at the RB spot. IS this a PPR league? If not, you are probably looking at Pierre Thomas and Addai for your two RB. Not that solid at all.

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)