RCL - Gridiron Gurus League Discussion

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
steamer33

RCL - Gridiron Gurus League Discussion

Postby steamer33 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:53 am

This thread is for all discussion related to the RCL Gridiron Gurus fantasy football league.

As of now the draft date is set for Sept. 1st @ 9:15pm EST. Ideally we'd like to find a time where everyone can make it, so please comment on dates that are not available. I think it should be during the week between Mon Aug. 31st & Fri. Sept 4th in the evening after 8pm. That's a week before the NFL season starts.

There's also been a suggestion to randomly pick the draft position a week ahead of time, so anyone who can't make can prepare. If anyone has any suggestions on how to go about that, please share.

This should be a fun league!

The Peoples Champ

Re: RCL - Gridiron Gurus League Discussion

Postby The Peoples Champ » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:43 am

Monday 31 - class til 850, after 9 is good
Tuesday - bowling @ 9, No good
Wednesday - work til 930, after 1015 is good
Thursday - anytime should be good
Friday - never drafted drunk before, but if it's early enough i might give it a go.

I think you should randomly give me the 1st or 12th spot, then i really don't care how you do it :lol:

I have no idea how we can randomly pick spots so we know it's not fixed....but i'm not too concerned. You can just draw cards or numbers or something.

JimmySkip
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby JimmySkip » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:46 am

I never plan ahead more than a day, so Sept 1st is a long way off to me. It also means I have nothing planned that day. So as long as its in the evening, that day or really any day that week will be fine for me.

John
"Illinois Chiefs"

cleaver596

Postby cleaver596 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:07 pm

there are random draft order generators on the internet. You could use one of those. You need everyone's email address for them and the website will send out email to verify the order of the draft. It comes in pretty handy when you need to ensure there is no foul play. But yeah as long as it is in the evening it should be fine. I might however start up classes for school by then, and I don't have my class schedule yet. I will be taking only night classes so I will post what nights are gonna work as soon as I find out. It if after 9pm central time, it shouldn't matter what day.

Cleaver
I'm the Cleave, so thats what you call me. That, or um, Cleaver, or his Cleaveness, or um, El Cleaverino, if your not into the whole brevity thing.

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)

The Peoples Champ

Postby The Peoples Champ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:37 am

should i have posted my times are EST? :lol:

steamer33

Postby steamer33 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:09 am

Ok, I've changed the draft to Mon. Aug. 31st, same time - that's final. We'll keep the order determination through ESPN, which is set an hour before the draft.
Standard 12 team H2H 5 X 5

C - M. Napoli
1B - J. Morneau
2B - I. Stewart
3B - E. Longoria
SS - J. Reyes
MI - J. Rollins
CI - M. Laporta
OF - J. Upton
OF - C. Granderson
OF - C. Lee
OF - B. Gardner
OF - C. Quentin
UTL - J. Borbon
Bench - V. Martinez
Bench - A. Ramirez

SP - F. Hernandez, J. Johnson, F. Liriano, J. Garcia, E. Santana, C. Billingsley, M. Scherzer, E. Volquez
RP - Andrew Bailey, D. Aardsma
DL - C. Utley

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”