It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Return Yards Effects on Rankings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 am 

Incidentally, it's a PPR league with 3 WRs, 2RBs and Flex. Not sure it makes a difference at all in the following context but its my first football league in some time, so please forgive me.

Where do players like Randall Cobb place when they are in leagues where they receive a point for every 10 return yards?

Same goes for David Wilson in his rankings?

Anyone else that I haveb't mentioned that get a big boost?

Post subject: Re: Return Yards Effects on Rankings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:29 am 

10 for a point on return yards? That's really high...Cobb's already pretty high in my rankings. Wilson compared to his RB mates is already a risk, I can't see bumping him up higher then where I have him. Maybe he moves to RB17 or 18? Can't push him that much higher in my mind, though.

Nobody else really comes to mind. I usually don't try and account for return yards with a starting player unless they're like Cribbs where their role is to be an x-factor. I wouldn't be surprised if Cobb is pulled off return yards after a short while. Hard to believe Wilson stays on that long as well.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

Post subject: Re: Return Yards Effects on Rankings
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:04 am 

Cordarrelle Patterson could be a sleeper in that format. He looks like he is a better kick returner than a wide receiver.