Keeper League Help

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
Get Figgy With It

Re: Keeper League Help

Postby Get Figgy With It » Tue May 26, 2009 8:58 am

Freak wrote:So what happens the second year you have a keeper? What round does it count as?

I was thinking of using this system: Keepers will just move up a round every year. So for example if I drafted Roddy White in the 6th round in 2008 and kept him as my 6-10 round choice in 2009 he would be a 5th round choice for the 2010 keeper list. This means I would have to use my 1-5 round choice on him.
12 team 5x5 roto
C - Salty, 1B-Miggy, 2B-Kinsler, 3B-Miggy, SS-Hardy, OF-Choo, A. Jones, Pence, UTIL-Puig
SP - Zimmermann, Jose Fernandez, Bailey, Archer, Matt Moore, Shelby Miller, Wood
RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

Get Figgy With It

Re: Keeper League Help

Postby Get Figgy With It » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:23 am

I am thinking about using rules similar to these...http://ffsb.webs.com/rulesregulations.htm...but a little modified

1. We would set a specific amt. of "fake $" to use throughout the season for keepers and moves
2. We will use the auction values from a pre-determined site to set how much it will cost to keep a player
Ex. to keep Matt Forte for 2009 you will use whatever his $$ value was at the time of the 2008 fantasy draft
3. Each add or trade during the season will cost $5

This system sounds pretty reasonable because it lets you keep anyone but also forces you to be smart with your money and not use it all on your 3 keepers so that you will have some during the season for moves.
12 team 5x5 roto
C - Salty, 1B-Miggy, 2B-Kinsler, 3B-Miggy, SS-Hardy, OF-Choo, A. Jones, Pence, UTIL-Puig
SP - Zimmermann, Jose Fernandez, Bailey, Archer, Matt Moore, Shelby Miller, Wood
RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”