It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 10 team draft review
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 am 

I had my second and last team draft last night. 10 teams and I drafted 9th. We had two people on auto-draft and two others that went in and out of auto. When not on auto, they took the full amount of time to do their picks. It was interesting to say the least. A lot of talent fell deeper thank it should have, but always got scooped up before my pick. I used Razzball's rankings to make my list.

Scoring is wacky: 1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec and 25 yds passing. 5 pt passing TD's, 6 pt rush/recv TD's. Bonus Points at 100 (1 point), 125(2) and 150(3) yards rush/rec and 250(1), 300(2) and 350 (3) yards passing. The rest of the scoring is traditional.

Lineup is the standard QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, K, Def

Here is the team I ended up with with the the pick that player was taken:

QB: Newton (2.2), RGIII (9.9)
RB: CJ2k (1.9), Steven Jackson (3.9), K.Smith (8.2), C. Benson (11.9), Ryan Williams (12.2)
WR: M. Wallace (4.2), M. Colston (5.9), B. Lloyd (7.9), R. Meachem (10.2), N. Washington (13.9), S. Rice (14.2)
TE: J. Finley (6.2)
K: A. Henery (16.2)
Def: Dallas (15.9)

I am not too fond of my running back depth. I love my receivers, but it might get frustrating trying to pick the right two to start each week. I had a window crash and a BSOD during the draft which threw me off a bit. The commish was able to pause the draft so I didn't lose my pick. Any thoughts on this team? I really do not want to start Dallas tonight against the Giants, but would have to drop one of my late round fliers to pick up a team for this weekend's games.

12 Team, Non-PPR, Standard scoring, bonuses for yardage totals
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, Def, K

Brady, Tannehill
A. Peterson, R. Mathews, P. Thomas, F. Jackson, D. Sproles
A. Jeffrey, P. Garcon, K. Wright, B. Cooks, H. Nicks, G. Jennings
G. Olsen
Novak
Streamer Def - Currently NYJ

Post subject: Re: 10 team draft review
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 pm 

Yeah, agree with your assessment. Your team looks solid but lacks RB depth. Don't know what you'd want to do with regards to Dallas. I'd hold and see what you get this week given your bench players.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.