It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: No air power
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:06 am 

So, I'm in a 14 person league that has a slight tweak in point scoring. 6pts for passing TD, 2pts passing TD 40+ yards, and 1pt for 10 yards for punt returns. Too many fell in love with QBs. I zigged when others were zagging. I had a 7th pick, so all top tier QBs were taken, and came away with the team below. Can my team's running prowess out run the advantage of passing points?

QB -- RG3
RB -- Ray Rice
RB -- LeSean McCoy
WR -- Percy Harvin
WR -- Mike Wallace
TE -- Joel Dreesen
WR/RB -- Ryan Matthews
DEF -- Seattle
K -- Garrett Hartley

BENCH
Bowe, Helu, Alex Smith, Cassel, Braylon Edwards

Post subject: Re: No air power
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:02 pm 

PPR or non? In either case, the deep pass play will happen from time to time but I wouldn't set my team by it. Too hard to know when they'll happen. I like RGIII in a 14 team league and you have backups in case he really flounders. It will be interesting to see how long you have to wait for Mathews to return to and to play healthy but he's a nice RB3 to have for the upside. That said, outside of TE, it's your weakest position unless RGIII lives up to the hype. Speaking of TEs, not sure how you have Joel Dressen in a 14 team league. I'd think there'd be other guys available in the draft and currently on the FA that isn't their team's TE2.

In a nutshell, you're strong in the skill positions, weak at TE and potentially weak at QB. Just depends what your quarterbacks turn into on how successful you'll be this year because the rest of your team has talent up the wazoo

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.