Auction draft prep ?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!

Auction draft prep ?

Postby Carmackjw » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:47 pm

I have an auction draft tomorrow. Its a 14 team league with $200 cap drafting 18 players. We start 1qb, 1 rb, 2wr, 1tw, 1k, 1 D, and a flex that can be either a RB, WR, or TE.

Scoring is 1 pt per 25 yds passing, 4 pts per td
1 pt per 10 yds rusing, 6 pts per td
1 pt per 20 yds receiving, 6 pts per td

Our top QB usually goes for low $50's and the 14th ranked qb goes for about $10
Our top rb goes for low $70's and the 14th ranked rb goes for about $28 or so
Our top wr goes for $48ish and the 28th wr will go for $8-10
Our top te goes for about $35 and the 14th ranked te will go for about $4

My questions are:
Which position would you run in your flex considering this is a 14 team league and the roster requirements?
Would you spend big at any particular position?

Thanks in advance

Re: Auction draft prep ?

Postby Sky » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:37 pm

Considering you get 20 yards for a point for receivers and 10 yards for a point with a running back at your flex, you'll want a running back. WR is deep, don't get into a bidding war for the 'high end' guys. Wait on your QB. Think Rivers/Eli/Romo/Ryan. They should be decent and cheap. The inverse is get guys to spend their money on the top QBs. Throw Rodgers/Brady/Brees/Stafford out there and let others bid. Newton has a slight advantage with his running abilities in your league, as does Vick but they're both risky.

I wouldn't spend big at RB, per se, but I would target it heavily in the draft by looking for value plays. I'd have you read my philosophy here for auction drafts:

Good luck tomorrow!
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”