Strategy for auction in league w limited transactions

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!

Strategy for auction in league w limited transactions

Postby xopchipili » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:02 am

10 team Yahoo PPR w 3WR and increased points for defenses allowing <14 pts. 30 transaction limit for the season. Looking back at my past leagues I've typically averaged something like 40 moves each season, largely because I like to stream Ds. With limited transactions, should I spend a couple bucks extra for a (theoretically) reliable D? Should I take two Ds in the draft, allowing myself a little more flexibility during the season w/o having to make as many pickups? Does it matter?

Re: Strategy for auction in league w limited transactions

Postby Sky » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:30 am

Wouldn't draft two. Maybe willing to bump up my amount on a DEF but I'd be more concerned with balancing my bench and targeting guys who've been consistent, i.e. not injury prone. Would make me a bit conservative when it comes to health risks but wouldn't truly change my strategy.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

Re: Strategy for auction in league w limited transactions

Postby phorts » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:56 pm

I agree, i wouldnt change my strategy and i'd still Stream D's, although i would be more careful when selecting D's to stream. Maybe pickup one that has a stretch of favorable games or make sure to get in on a solid D that drops. Spend a couple bucks on a D that has a favorable schedule to begin with to get you started like a PHI or something..

Good luck!
10 Team Yahoo H2H 5x5

C - Lucroy
1B - Fielder
2B - Gyorko
3B - Longo
SS - Andrus
OF - A Jones
OF - C. Gomez
OF - A Rios
UTIL - A. Gordon
Bench: Dee Gordon