Look at my draft if you dare

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
birdog
Sponsor
Sponsor

Look at my draft if you dare

Postby birdog » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:46 am

12 Team half point PPR (QB TD = 6pts & 5 pt bonus at 300 yards passing)

I was the 12th pick (of 12) and went Murray then Stafford. Kind of wish I would have went RB & WR and then waited until round 5 or so for a QB. Aaron Rodgers was 1st off the board. Brees and Brady were gone before it got to me as well. Anyway, any advice? Some players available are: L Moore, R Hillman, J Baldwin, A Collie, D Amendola, K Hunter, D Baldwin, L Robinson, D Bess).

Thanks!

Mark

QB M Stafford
WR Mike Wallace
WR D Bowe
RB D Murray
RB A Bradshaw
TE J Finley
W/R M Bush
BN R Meachem
BN D Williams (Car)
BN M Leshoure
BN F Jones
BN M Goodson

DEF Jets
IDP J Laurinaitis
K S Gostowski

Sky

Re: Look at my draft if you dare

Postby Sky » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:21 am

With the 6 point passing touchdowns and the 300 yard bonus, I can't fault you for taking Stafford. Though your RB1 is a bit of a risk - heck, which RB1 isn't a risk, eh? - you have a solid RB bench. Good looking team, should be competitive. Would like Kendall Hunter over Goodson. I'd monitor Bess/Amendola because it's a PPR league but since you only start 2 WR, I can't see when you'd be starting them.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

birdog
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby birdog » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks for the good info!

Mark

phorts

Postby phorts » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Like the draft and agree w/ Sky. I might try to package up some of these guys like DWill and Felix for a David Wilson if you can swing it. Looks good.
10 Team Yahoo H2H 5x5

C - Lucroy
1B - Fielder
2B - Gyorko
3B - Longo
SS - Andrus
OF - A Jones
OF - C. Gomez
OF - A Rios
UTIL - A. Gordon
Bench: Dee Gordon
SP - Scherzer, Cobb, Ryu, Liriano, Samardzija, Kluber, Garza
RP - Cishek, Frieri, Perkins

birdog
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby birdog » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:36 am

Sky,

OK. I dropped Goodson for K Hunter. Should I offer DeAngelo Williams to try to get David Wilson? I took Williams as the last pick in the 7th. Wilson was taken in the 8th. Both are projected for about the same points in Yahoo. I see you rank Williams higher but I was wondering if Wilson would be better for me since I have Bradshaw (as a handcuff with great upside) and since Wilson had a great preseason?

Thanks!

Mark

12 Team Half Pt PPR

QB M Stafford
WR M Wallace
WR D Bowe
RB D Murray
RB A Bradshaw
TE J Finley
W/R M Bush
BN R Meachem
BN DeA Williams
BN M Leshoure
BN F Jones
BN K Hunter

DEF Jets
D J Laurinaitis
K S Gostowski

Sky

Postby Sky » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:40 am

birdog wrote:Sky,

OK. I dropped Goodson for K Hunter. Should I offer DeAngelo Williams to try to get David Wilson? I took Williams as the last pick in the 7th. Wilson was taken in the 8th. Both are projected for about the same points in Yahoo. I see you rank Williams higher but I was wondering if Wilson would be better for me since I have Bradshaw (as a handcuff with great upside) and since Wilson had a great preseason?

Thanks!

Mark

12 Team Half Pt PPR

QB M Stafford
WR M Wallace
WR D Bowe
RB D Murray
RB A Bradshaw
TE J Finley
W/R M Bush
BN R Meachem
BN DeA Williams
BN M Leshoure
BN F Jones
BN K Hunter

DEF Jets
D J Laurinaitis
K S Gostowski

I like Wilson, but I would rather get something more for DeAngelo than a handcuff so that trade wouldn't be for me. Cool RE: Hunter.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

birdog
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby birdog » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:09 am

Yep. I can see that now. Thanks for keeping me from doing something foolish. Where were you when I was in college?!

Sky

Postby Sky » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:09 am

birdog wrote:Yep. I can see that now. Thanks for keeping me from doing something foolish. Where were you when I was in college?!

Ha, depends how old you are. Perhaps I was off doing my own foolish things!

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”