It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 16-team league. Rate please
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:59 pm 

QB - Phillip Rivers
RB - Matt Forte, Darren McFadden, Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Mikel Leshoure
WR- Marques Colston, Eric Decker, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Lafell, Randall Cobb, Stephen Hill
TE - Brent Celek, Coby Fleener
DST - Buffalo
K - Dan Carpenter

16-team standard league. I picked 9th so I was right in the middle.

Quarterbacks went really fast. I was thinking about Stafford in the 1st and panic picked Forte, but it looks great now considering what most teams are starting for RB.

Obviously, I don't have a backup QB. By the last 5 rounds I was seriously debating between Blaine Gabbert and John Skelton, so I figured the upside of some of these players was enough that I could roll the dice on the first WWQB that moves into a starting job.

Other than that, any thoughts? This is my first team bigger than 12-team so I'm unfamiliar with such a weak FA pool.

Post subject: Re: 16-team league. Rate please
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:32 pm 

PPR? How many RB/WR do you start? it's hard to tell with how you have your team set up.

Yeah, you did the right thing about the backup QB situation; upside or bust. Even in a 16 team league, I'd personally never take a back up TE. Just don't feel there's a need. Like Colston, feel he's very underrated this year. I've been against Peyton Manning all year but if he's going to perform it's going to be with Decker so at least you drafted the right WR there. Not too keen on Wayne nor LaFell but that critique is assuming you have to start 3 WRs. Pierre is a value play in deep leagues this year. Mikel/D Thomas are wait and see players.

Overall, not bad for a 16 team draft. WR is probably my main concern but the deeper leagues get the harder it is to be solid on every level.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:59 pm 

Start:
QB
2RB
2WR
Flex

Non PPR.

I'm slightly worried about Celek so I figured Fleener was worth the bench spot at #216.

I took Wayne at #88 ahead of Meachem and Denarius Moore. After drafting Forte and McFadden early I wanted some safer plays, and I thought Meachem would have been rolling the dice for my flex.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 am 

Don't know what has you worried about Celek. I see what you're saying about Fleener late, though. Just a preference. With only two WR to start, I probably would've gone with more RBs for my bench but you're still fielding a solid team.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.