It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 1 pt per 25 return yards question
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:10 pm 

How early would you take Sproles in a league with completely standard scoring but rewards one point per twenty-five return yards? With these scoring settings Sproles was the #5 back behind Rice,McCoy, Jones-Drew, and Foster last year.

First off:

Do you all think Sproles stays the key return man in NO? If so, can he replicate last years numbers? Will he be as effective in his RB role?

Bottom line:

I have the 4th pick overall. I was planning on taking Brady as Rodgers and Foster will be gone by my pick. I feel Brady is more "safe" and would rather roll with him than hinge my hopes on a RB which has a higher probability of injury or regression.

Would taking Sproles as my #1 or #2 RB in the second or third round be a mistake? The plan is to take 2 RB's unless Graham falls to me at the 17th pick.

Post subject: Re: 1 pt per 25 return yards question
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:01 pm 

Don't know if he is reliable for the year in that role given his age and his use in the regular offense. Good RB2 but he's not an RB1, wouldn't take him before the 4th in a standard ten team league.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.