It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Genius or Crazy? (Intentionally Losing the First 2 Weeks)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:39 pm 

Heraldo wrote:
So, I thought I'd update this post just for closure sake.

My pick-up of Alfred Morris did pay dividends resulting in my first Championship.

I made a couple trades later in the season and things definitely broke my way, but I considering my league setup, losing Week 1 helped my team tremendously.

So, I'm going to officially declare the strategy: Genius!

I think you need 'Crazy Genius' as a third option.

Morris went completely off this season. Kudos to your first championship. Of course, repeated success with the same strategy is the best way to assertain whether it was really the strategy that got you there but congrats on the win!

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 pm 

Why would you play to lose? Kinda defeats the purpose of playing the game doesn't it? Weirdos everywhere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:57 pm 

@KingofthisCastle - Not "playing to lose". My initial loss provided me with the waiver wire priority to select a player that ultimately led to my victory. If you read the entire thread, I chose to only lose Week 1.
I view(ed) it as navigating the leagues rules to my benefit. I exploited a flaw in my league's set-up.

And by no means is this a unique strategy, Matthew Berry (Not a great source, but in the article talks about his leaguemate Michael Smith intentionally losing in Week 1) wrote an article about just this thing last year: http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/footb ... =TMR121004

I will admit I got very lucky picking up Alfred Morris, but I would not have been in a position to select Morris were it not for my initial loss.

On a side note, I don't really appreciate the name calling.