Return Yardage league

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!

Return Yardage league

Postby rollins1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:52 am

In this league we get a point per 40 return yards & 6 points for return TD. It's a 10 team non PPR league.

I was reading your column on returners and am wondering how much I should bumb up a few guys in my ranks.

I was thinking of Desean Jackson as the 9th or 10th best WR, in this type of league where do you rank him among guys like Calvin, Roddy, Miles, Jennings, & Colston?

Spiller, how much returning do you think he'll do? You like him as much as Michael Bush or Arian Foster?

Same goes for Knox and Hester. If they'll split time should I forget about return yards for them and keep them aroundthe same value? Where do you see Knox in comparison to guys like Garcon, Maclin, & Wallace?

And since you wrote that column Jacoby Jones was announced as the main returner, I'm assuming he becomes much moe valuable. I had him as a 14th or 15th rounder bu may reach for him around the 12th now, instead of a guy like Mason or Britt.

Here is the point breakdown.
Offense League Value
Passing Yards 50 yards per point; 2 points at 350 yards
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -2
Rushing Yards 20 yards per point; 2 points at 220 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 20 yards per point; 2 points at 200 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Yards 40 yards per point
Return Touchdowns 6

Doc Holliday

Re: Return Yardage league

Postby Doc Holliday » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:23 am

I think you are on the right track. It's not a huge bump, but one none the less. I do agree Jacoby gets bumped up a little. DJax, maybe a spot or two. The extra points you are getting are that significant, but any little bit can help.

Spiller is hard to tell. In non-ppr I still like Bush and Foster a little more.
Johnny Ringo: All right, 'lunger'. Let's do it.
Doc Holliday: Say when.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”