It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 10 team PPR, drafting 10th
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:01 pm 

So originally i was going to go RB/RB, WR/WR, then best available. Then I realized RB/WR, RB/WR gave me much better results. Now i'm looking into going WR/WR, then RB with the next 4 picks, then WR3 7th. (Start 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex). I'm not sure how i feel about the results.

WR1/2 is usually a mix of Wayne/Moss/Fitz. (in order of my cheet sheet)

RB1/2 is a mix of Charles/Shady/Beanie/Pierre. (in order of my cheet sheet)

RB3/4 is Felix Jones and Best every time. Next in my rankings is Spiller and Foster, who are almost always available also. Also available are Jacobs, Forsett, Barber, and Portis. I have these guys ranked lower, and don't want to pick them because they're "boring" names, but could easily put up decent numbers for a RB3/4. Should i be looking at any these guys ahead of Jones and Best? Or Spiller/Foster?

WR3/4 is Nicks/Moss/Wallace/Floyd/Harvin. (in order of my cheet sheet) All of them are available just about every time.

Then i'm picking up Zach Miller and Kolb or Cutler. Followed by a backup QB (Ryan, Flacco, Palmer, etc) and TE (Heath).

3 picks left. D/K in 14/15. Rd 13 i'm grabbing a Cotchery/Royal/Jacoby/etc. I want a RB here, but don't like any options on the board. I know my RB's are very risky, but the value of the WR's here is much better than any RB that I see. If anyone has any suggestions, i'm all ears!

Post subject: Re: 10 team PPR, drafting 10th
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:36 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yeh, starting 3 WR, I would go WR/WR at picks 10 & 11. Then at 30/31, you should be able to snag Beanie & McCoy.

The only RB I would take at 10 is Turner or Gore if they slip. If they do not, you are looking at Mendenhall, Charles, Green, DeAngello and I would take none of them that early, considering the WR's you could get.

I would grab a TE with your fifth pick unless a MSW or someone slides to you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:48 pm 

rightwingjedi wrote:
Yeh, starting 3 WR, I would go WR/WR at picks 10 & 11. Then at 30/31, you should be able to snag Beanie & McCoy.

The only RB I would take at 10 is Turner or Gore if they slip. If they do not, you are looking at Mendenhall, Charles, Green, DeAngello and I would take none of them that early, considering the WR's you could get.

I would grab a TE with your fifth pick unless a MSW or someone slides to you.

TE's aren't even crossing my mind that early. Zach Miller in the 10th is a steal, IMO. Last year he was 9th in rec, 8th in yards, and i don't see any reason those numbers shouldn't go up. Wouldn't have a problem starting Heath either, as he was 7th in rec, 9th in yards, 8th in TD's.

5th/6th round i'm looking at Felix and Best. Also considering Spiller and Foster. Other's available include Jacobs, Forsett, Barber, and Portis, but as I previously stated, I have a hard time getting excited over them. Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:12 pm 

finally settled into a strategy for tomorrow night.

going for a QB on the 7/8 turn, 18 picks sooner than the 9/10. at that point the WR drop off from rd 8-11 is very minimal, but the QB drop off from 8-11 is significant. still shooting for Kolb/Cutler there(4 pt TD, 4 pt bonus TD>50yd, 0 INT).

also, would it be a problem if i draft Zach Miller and don't draft a backup? Bye is week 10, so i'd have plenty time to get one. figured i'd draft 5 RB and 5 WR because the 12th rd RB (Slaton/Hardesty/Maroney) has more upside than the 12th rd TE.

HOWEVER, dude with the #2 pick unsure if he wants AD or Brees. There is also a Peyton lover in the league, not sure where he's drafting, but if it's 8 or 9, i expect him to be gone at my pick. Could have Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton all taken in the 1st. Assuming Andre is taken in the 1st round, it's pretty reasonable i could see Turner fall to me. That would probably make my brain explode, and I have no idea what i'd do then...