It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Sonavabench!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:02 am 

Aight, put the dog out, get the missus working in the kitchen, sit back, open a beer, and get comfortable for the smurf first sonavabench rant. :D (I won't be around the 'puter at game time, so might as well do a pre-emptive strke GWB style)

FYI to all Hardy owners, I am sitting him today for Scutaro vs. Lee. So if you got Scu, sit. And make sure you start Hardy. I am the George Costanza of fantasy ballin', so you can't go wrong doing the opposite.

I wanted to sit him yesterday for Barmes, but held off, so today... This script is oh so familiar.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:24 pm 

Play Hardy, check.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 pm 

I was so close to starting Kubel over Beltran since I thought the Met game would be like a 2-1 game (since I had 4 hitters in that game) and something looks wrong with Beltran right now. Beltran had like a 5000 OPS when I benched him last yr so I didn't do it. And of course, the only time I am right is when I don't follow through with it. My hitters in the Met game ended up 1 for 13 or 14. All the sweeter I guess.

Sonavabench.

Tomorrow I will start Kubel against some future Cy Young winner name after a toilet -- Lou, Poo, or some crap like that, and it's gonna backfire. Apologies in advance to other Kubel owners.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:24 pm 

Ha!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:50 pm 

Well, hope you Kubel owners was able to sit Kubel. I had no choice but to start him.

Hardy I see is 0 for 12. Great. I dropped Scutaro when it looked like Hardy was out of the slump, then the next day his back acted up and he hasn't hit a single ball hard since. Time to change the name to Softy. Looks like the only way to snap out of it is for me to bench him, but I have no backup SS... oops.

PS, on the Mets broadcast it was said that Beltran's been dealing with a "tight quad." Mystery solved. He was getting blown away by fastballs... now we know why.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:54 pm 

Softy -- nice!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:31 pm 

Oh Mr. Renteria, why does your first HR of the year have to a) come against Jake Peavy, of all people, thus ensuring you are on my bench for the day, and b) be a freakin' grand slam! Sonavabench!

C: Wieters
1B: MCab
2B: Zobrist
3B: Arod
SS: Peralta
OF: Beltran
OF: Ordonez
OF: Werth
Util: D. Lee
Bn: Manny, J.D. Drew, Beltre

SP: Beckett, Oswalt, Cain, Scherzer, Meche, Price
RP: Soria, Qualls, Downs
DL: Escobar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:59 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Sat Cruz since he was facing Halladay, in favor of Taveras, since I need steals. Zero steals later, Cruz' two-run jack and Krispie's jack are looking like shit on the bottom of my shoe sitting there on my bench. Normally I'd start Krispie vs. LHP, but he has been yawnstipating at best vs. any P this year.

Why, oh why, did all the notes before the season cite that "Melvin vows to run more this year, blah blah"

Where, When, Why, When, How? damn you, Melvin! I wanna buy your bobblehead off eBay so I can smash it.

El Caballo hit a jack and I started him. So did Sizemore, so I'm still sleeping tonight... :P

3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - cuddyer (1b, 2b, of)
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:06 pm 

Turns out Kubel felt a "pop" in his neck before SUN's game. This no doubt had to do with my decision to start him. Pop goes the Kubel. The smurf magic strikes again.

Lost Doumit. Looks like catcher's gonna be a blackhole all year.

And damn Mr. Softy goes deep when I finally sit him. Just kidding! Not this time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:15 pm 

Wish I would've known you were killing Kubel. I wouldn't have picked him up in one league. Damn you, Smurf!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next