It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Is this a cheating commish?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:16 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I apologize if this is in the wrong topic I just want someone else's insight to see if I'm overreacting to a money league I joined. So everyone in this league pretty much knows each other and we're all between 24-28 years old. First of all, the league doesn't have waivers which I think every league with adults should have but really not that big of deal.

So we have a in person draft and we only finished 19 of the 21 rounds (14 team league). Then two days later we added the final two roster spots at 6 p.m., first come first serve like a pack of hyenas. So there were teams that were dropping dumb draft picks and replacing those players before some teams had a chance to add their final two spots, because they were not able to make the 6 p.m. feeding.

Is this not the dumbest thing you ever heard regards to fantasy baseball (much less a money league with a bunch of friends) or I'm I just a stubborn Italian guy?

Post subject: Re: Is this a cheating commish?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:31 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

What?

c: Mauer
1b: Votto
2b: BP
ss:
3b: Longoria
OF: Cargo, Heyward,
Utilx2:Huff
B:
DL:

SP: Kershaw
Sp: Verlander
Sp: John Danks
Sp: Doc
Sp: Cahill
SP: Ted Lilly
Sp: Ian Kennedy
Sp: Hammel
Sp: Lowe
Sp: Anibal, Garland, Narvy,Zambrano, Niese, & Duensing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:47 pm 

Ditto.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:00 pm 

chisox wrote:
I apologize if this is in the wrong topic I just want someone else's insight to see if I'm overreacting to a money league I joined. So everyone in this league pretty much knows each other and we're all between 24-28 years old. First of all, the league doesn't have waivers which I think every league with adults should have but really not that big of deal.

So we have a in person draft and we only finished 19 of the 21 rounds (14 team league). Then two days later we added the final two roster spots at 6 p.m., first come first serve like a pack of hyenas. So there were teams that were dropping dumb draft picks and replacing those players before some teams had a chance to add their final two spots, because they were not able to make the 6 p.m. feeding.

Is this not the dumbest thing you ever heard regards to fantasy baseball (much less a money league with a bunch of friends) or I'm I just a stubborn Italian guy?

Why didn't you just continue drafting the final two rounds over emails with everyone taking turns? No one should've been allowed to draft a guy until the guy immediately before went.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:23 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thank you Grey, you'll be getting a daiquiri tonight. Sorry to confuse you guys.

I said at least there should be a grace period so everyone can fill out their roster before teams can start dropping players, the email thing would have worked better. What bothered me the most is that people were able to drop and replace players before some teams were able to "draft" their final two spots. But I'm pretty sure the commish is a narcissist so whatever he says goes. I don't know why we didn't finish the draft in the first place because we were making great time.

Now there's no way in hell I'm joining this league next year but I do have friends in this league so I want to continue to expose this commish as much as possible. It's just sad. Plus there are many other things that bothered me but this was the tipping of the iceberg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:28 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I got it. It was more of a "Whhaaa?" to the approach. Seems phishy. Makes sense to not re-up next year.

c: Mauer
1b: Votto
2b: BP
ss:
3b: Longoria
OF: Cargo, Heyward,
Utilx2:Huff
B:
DL:

SP: Kershaw
Sp: Verlander
Sp: John Danks
Sp: Doc
Sp: Cahill
SP: Ted Lilly
Sp: Ian Kennedy
Sp: Hammel
Sp: Lowe
Sp: Anibal, Garland, Narvy,Zambrano, Niese, & Duensing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:21 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Lol, I was bored and I figured I'd get a much better response through this board compared to yahoo or espn. I just wanted you guys to confirm that this is BS. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:15 am 

Ah, I get it now. Maybe I should have read it twice the first time.. anyways, basically things should have been handled better. Unfortunately, they weren't. But now you know what not to do next year! Slap that commish too if you ever see him.