Stump??

Got a good suggestion to add to our Glossary (http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-terms/)? Here's where to submit it...
GopherDay

Stump??

Postby GopherDay » Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Okay, I haven't had much success at these terms yet...So here goes another.

Stump (Mix between Stud and Slump) - When your stud player goes into a mired slump and you can't bench him because he's your stud and you don't want to miss any 2 homer days or anything. Prime examples: Tex in April and Fielder this season.

Use in a sentence:
"Pujols has gone 2-17 this week! Should I bench him for Wiggington??" "Heck no! He's frickin Pujols! Grow some balls and take this stump like a man!"
Because Gophers don't have a day...

Grey

Re: Stump??

Postby Grey » Sat May 08, 2010 8:39 am

It's not terrible... I'm on the fence. When Rudy returns from his honeymoon, I'll make sure he sees it to see what he thinks.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

GopherDay

Postby GopherDay » Sat May 08, 2010 9:02 am

Alright, thanks Grey! I'll await Rudy's return!!

GopherDay

Postby GopherDay » Sat May 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Did anything come of this?

We need SOMETHING to describe why Pujols hates all of us!!!!

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat May 22, 2010 9:57 pm

Let me run it by Rudy...
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Rudy Gamble

Postby Rudy Gamble » Sun May 23, 2010 12:17 pm

I feel for you on this but 'Stump' doesn't do it for me. It's not clear enough.

I'm struggling on this one. Maybe 'Good Will Slumping' (when a player has so much good will built up that you can't bench him when he slumps. just remember, it's not your fault. it's not your fault...)?

Anyone else have suggestions?

Grand Slam Single

Postby Grand Slam Single » Sun May 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Stud Thud?

GopherDay

Postby GopherDay » Sun May 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Good Will Slumping is pretty good...

I like the stud thud. Along those same lines...Crud Stud? First-pick Crap Syndrome?

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon May 24, 2010 8:16 am

Not totally crazy about any of these...Which isn't great to say when you don't have a better alternative...
Grey Albright

Chesney

Postby Chesney » Mon May 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Stud nuffin?

Return to “Baseball - Razzball Glossary Suggestions”