The Hand

Got a good suggestion to add to our Glossary (http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-terms/)? Here's where to submit it...
BSUjam

The Hand

Postby BSUjam » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:23 pm

The Hand: Actually, the ex glossary term made me think of this. It is someone you can always go back to, and you know what you are going to get -- just like your hand (unless you are Jim Abbott).

Grey

Re: The Hand

Postby Grey » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:44 pm

Ha, this is pretty good. We'll need a Rudy okay. He's on vacay, should be back soon.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Denys

Postby Denys » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:26 am

"The Finger" - when a player gives you an unexpected extra... good or bad...
Who's afraid of Baltimore?

Rudy Gamble

Postby Rudy Gamble » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:45 am

I think The Hand is ok but it could use more pathos. The players you keep grabbing from waivers aren't really good. You're settling. It's just easier b/c you're more familiar with this player vs. the others. Still kind of shameful that you have to resort to it though...

Hard to feel shameful about the Hand unless you're Catholic...

How 'bouts one of these...
Old Faithful - player you feel comfortable going back to. you hope they'll erupt but usually they're just a hole in your lineup.

Boomerang - you keep thinking you're done with them but an injury hits and they return)?

Going Back to the Well - a player you pick up and drop several times who does progressively worse each time until the last time they're all
dry

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:14 am

Need pathos and need to feel shame -- Old Faithful, Boomerang or The Well do this? Boomerang causes shame in Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence, but other than that... These are easier than The Hand.

What about a Dutch Wive? Google it if you don't know what it means, but results may be NSFW.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:18 am

Or a Stigmata.
Grey Albright

Hank
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby Hank » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:29 am

Or the Hennifer Lopez (I had to spell it with an H you see, b/c that's the phonetic pronunciation, which helps you get the joke.) It's when someone else seemingly takes over your head(hand) and makes crazy waiver wire pick ups/drops and taco flavored kisses.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:32 am

Taco-flavored kisses is an inspired description, but H-Lo feels dated. Could we not work in a Michael Jackson reference?
Grey Albright

Hank
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby Hank » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:43 am

Michael Jackson Slumber Party = The one guys team in your league that drafts all the hot young prospects and languishes all year near the bottom of the pack in shame.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:03 am

Um....
Grey Albright

Return to “Baseball - Razzball Glossary Suggestions”