It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Upper Decker
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:02 pm 

Named after the prank that was gleefully pulled at your neighbor's party earlier this summer (crapping in the toilet's water tank).

This is when you know that a player on your roster isn't worth 2 shits (<-- pun!), and is successfully traded away to some undeserving schmuck in your league. You then find yourself giggling uncontrollably viewing the league scores, as the other owner started the guy and is stuck with your waste for an entire week.

"I just hit an upper decker w/ Jay Bruce! Woohoo!!"

Post subject: Re: Upper Decker
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:14 pm 

A) I like your avatar.
B) Eh on the glossary suggestion, but Rudy can overrule me if he really likes it.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:07 pm 

A) thanks - that's really me
B) Hmm...

What if usage goes more like this:

"I'd better squeeze out an upper decker with Carlos Guillen - he's got a season-ending case of hemorrhoids."

Ah... maybe the squeeze out was a bit over ambitious.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:14 am 

Ha...I've heard of the upper decker prank. So vile. Seems like something Milton Bradley would do (fun for ages 3 and up!).

I think there's glossary potential for trading away crap at the right time but it's difficult to have to explain both the prank and then why it applies.

The term should connote that it was a gift that was welcomed by the recipient (so nothing like a flaming turd bag) and, only in time, was it realized how crappy it really was.

Jokey Smurf'd - When you receive a gift-wrapped package in a trade only for it explode in your face because of injury or a player's poor performance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:23 pm 

Jokey Smurf'd - on one hand, amazing powers of recollection. On the other hand, you just referenced the Smurfs. Sadly, this is not as vile as the upper decker, but yes... more apropos. Give yourself a big old Tommy Lasorda pat on the butt for that term.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:14 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Uhm maybe this is to easy (or maybe not funny): A Trojan Horse

or the Hollywood tech guy cliche: Backdoor Trojan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:27 am 

Mike -
I know...a smurf reference. We have no shame here at Razzball. It leads to vile glossary terms (Fucking Your Stepsister) and the occasional smurftastic one...

Downpat -
Trojan Horse is ok. Thought about that one a bit but that's more of a fake gift where your enemy pops out and kills you vs. one that shows itself to be awful in due time. Now if the Romans had just left a steaming pile of crap inside the horse - thus, combining the Trojan Horse with the Upper Decker - then we'd have something...