On The Menu

Got a good suggestion to add to our Glossary (http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-terms/)? Here's where to submit it...
Denys

On The Menu

Postby Denys » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:29 am

As in "on the waivers/free agency"

Like "On the menu today we have Ken Griffey Jr. Should I order him up? The price is one Jay Bruce..."

...probably too lame for you clever bunch, ohh well.
Who's afraid of Baltimore?

Grey

Re: On The Menu

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Um... We'll see what Rudy says. I'm on the wrong side of the fence, but if he likes it, I'll reconsider.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Denys

Postby Denys » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:59 pm

See that's the problem with you Grey. You just don't like simple shit. You need all clever hoity toity crap. Well I'm sorry... OK? I'm sorry I'm not all like "whoa!" on your Glossary business.

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:59 pm

Whoa is not bad...

*slowing backs out of this thread*
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

BSUjam

Postby BSUjam » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:12 pm

While looking at the waiver wire:

Red Light Special -- Thank you for Justin Verlander, Adam Dunn, or any other drafted star that starts off slowly and ends up on the waiver wire.

Blew Light Special -- Someone who had a chance, but blew it, and now is on the waiver wire. For example, Felix Pie, Bill Hall (soon), and of the schmohawks from the Brave's closing experiment, etc.

Poo Poo Platter -- Absolutely nothing available. When torn between Scott Hairston, Rajai Davis, Reggie Abercrombie, and the Artist Formally Known as Luiz Gonzalez for an outfielder you know that you've hit the poo poo platter.

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:21 pm

Hmmm... These aren't bad. Rudy'll have to take a look. Poo-Poo is my fave.
Grey Albright

Denys

Postby Denys » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:32 am

Grey wrote:Hmmm... These aren't bad. Rudy'll have to take a look. Poo-Poo is my fave.

thought you were backing out of the thread homie?

KarlJ
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby KarlJ » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:33 am

I also think I like poo-poo platter the best

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:01 am

I was backing out when it was just what was on the menu. But the Special of the Day interested me.
Grey Albright

Rudy Gamble

Postby Rudy Gamble » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:03 am

I like red light/blew light/and poo poo. good job bsujam.

nice try, commie.

Return to “Baseball - Razzball Glossary Suggestions”