LimpChristmasCandy

Got a good suggestion to add to our Glossary (http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-terms/)? Here's where to submit it...
petey13ca

LimpChristmasCandy

Postby petey13ca » Wed May 13, 2009 9:15 pm

I have four teams and have just picked Baker up on three of them as a second catcher. (background - I like to carry two catchers as much as possible to fill in on rest days) I didn't start him on any of the three teams, but in my only h2h league, I played against Baker who hit a home run.

Now to explain the term and how it fits the situation...well when I was young, real young, I saved all my Christmas candy and Christmas oranges in a big box sort of under my bed. The plan was to get a massive pile of stuff and just gorge myself. Well I saved and saved and saved. I saved for over a month knowing I had a huge feast coming. When I finally decided I had enough to pig out on, I pulled the box out and the whole thing was rotten, just disgusting, and devastating - like Baker's hr against - after I thought I had everything planned out perfect just like monopolizing Baker (as if you thought you would ever hear someone wanted Baker). The limp part fits this scenario as an end of a major party, the kind of party you have been waiting for for months. A girl was found at this party, you are alone, it is late, she is about to do you a favor, but you can't respond because you can't get it out of your head that this big party you were looking so forward to is all wrapped up and you know you have to go back to your same old boring life. LIMPCHRISTMASCANDY

marcheese

Re: LimpChristmasCandy

Postby marcheese » Thu May 14, 2009 4:24 am

What?

Rudy Gamble

Re: LimpChristmasCandy

Postby Rudy Gamble » Thu May 14, 2009 7:04 am

Entertaining explanation but definitely a bit out there.

So this is a Sonovabench with H2H implications? That seems pretty rare. I'd unofficially call that a Goddamn Sonovabench.

Return to “Baseball - Razzball Glossary Suggestions”