It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Biting the silver bullet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:19 am 

When your normally reliable pitcher goes to Coors Field and gets rolled like a blunt. "Chris Young bit the silver bullet last night and left with an ERA as big as the rockies." See also Humidork.

It happens all the time. In fact, at this point, I'm suprised when it doesn't.

Post subject: Re: Biting the silver bullet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:03 am 

Ha, that's pretty good. And I like Humidork even better. We'll see what Rudy says.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:39 am 

I like Bit The Silver Bullet.

Quick, Coors Light friendly revision and addition:

Bit The Silver Bullet / Struck Coors Extra Gold - When your normally reliable pitcher goes to Coors Field and leaves your ERA with a hangover 'straight from the Rockies' - e.g., "I accidentally started Chris Young last night at Coors Field and he bit the silver bullet." Alt definition: In the spare chance someone pitches a strong game at Coors, you have 'struck Coors Extra Gold'. As with supermarket and liquor store fridges, the Silver Bullet is a lot more common than Extra Gold.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:34 am 

I like it. Although, all in all, I think you'll have to knock the dust off the second part for as often as you use it. File it away for a rainy day with Greinkeā€™d (time will tell with him I guess).

Grey, after doing some exhaustive research Webster's does have a secondary definition for Humidork - Any Colorado starting pitcher who convinces you that he's worth owning for any extended period of time. "Ubaldo Jimenez is tearing it up right now but when the road stand is over he'll be just another Humidork."

I suppose its a second cousin twice removed from Beerer Goggles but guys like Jeff Francis, Aaron Cook and Ubaldo Jimenez deserve recognition for destroying the teams of so many of my opponents.

As God is my witness, next time I make a glossary suggestion it will have nothing to do with Rockies or horrible pitching implosions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:54 am 

Through more deliberation than I'd like to admit to, humidork isn't going to make it. Sorry, Tiger. I liked it, couldn't get it over the top.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:06 pm 

No worries. I was just trowing it out there. Sometimes its easier to rehash than it is to be insightful and innovative. Just ask the guys at SportsLine.