BEE GEE's

Got a good suggestion to add to our Glossary (http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-terms/)? Here's where to submit it...
Widespread Panic
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

BEE GEE's

Postby Widespread Panic » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:37 am

Bee Gee's - a baseball mega group that consists of veteran players whose names once evoked fear in the hearts of pitchers and batters alike but whose skills have eroded in recent years; however, there is still, for some reason, a tendency for these guys to be drafted early, overpriced, and on a longer leash

Baseballs Experienced, Esteemed Greatly Exaggerated and Expensive.

"Don't get caught up with Andrew Jone's impressive outing yesterday. He's firmly entranched as a member of the BEE GEE's.

Not sure if Andrew Jones is the right example because he was cheap this year but you get the point.
God is Love
Love is Blind
Ray Charles is Blind
Does that mean Ray Charles is God?

Grey

Re: BEE GEE's

Postby Grey » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:22 am

That's awesome! I'll make sure Rudy sees it to see what he says.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Rudy Gamble

Postby Rudy Gamble » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:44 am

I like the concept but that's just too difficult of an acronym to remember. I'd think Bee Gee's would be something that's initialed B.G.

How about a Yesterguy?

Rudy Gamble

Postby Rudy Gamble » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:32 am

Yesterstar?

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:27 pm

A yesterplay?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Rudy Gamble

Postby Rudy Gamble » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:50 pm

I like the rhyme but 'play' might have too many connotations. I like yesterstar...

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Gotta get Fleetwood Mac involved here. Yesterday's Gone? Secondhand News? Between the Bee Gee's and the Mac, we got the 70's covered.
Yadier Fielder Utley Reyes Beltre Pena Felipe Sizemore Cruz Ludwick AdamJones
Hamels Bills Shields Wandy Weaver K-Rod Franklin Aardsma Izzy
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Might want to toss The Eagles in there too, big guy.

I grew up with 'em and I suspect Grey is a closet fan.
This IS my f**king outlet!

Freak
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Freak » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:39 am

I vote for yesterguy.

Widespread Panic
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby Widespread Panic » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:39 am

On the same note....

REO "Saves"wagon - a group of relief pitchers that are on the outer edges of the saves situation with a particular club. As is the case with this group it is constantly changing and evolving.
REO stands for....
Rapicdly Evoving Outsider

"With Huston Street and Manny Corpas both crapping the bed, Alan Embree could figure to be a charter member of REO SavesWagon in the near future."

Songs from the 1970's group REO Speedwagon include hits like "Keep on Lovin' You" and "Can't fight this Feeling".

After another poor outing from Huston Street I can't understand why I "Keep on Lovin' You".
or
"I can't fight this Feeling" that Huston Street will lose his job during the season

The more simplistic and straight forward group is of course REO Speedwagon which stands for
Running Every Opportunity.

Guys in this group were created soley for speed. Their speed is often accompanied by poor contact rates and OB% but you can bet that if the opportunity arises they will run. The current president of this group is Micahael Bourne.
God is Love
Love is Blind
Ray Charles is Blind
Does that mean Ray Charles is God?

Return to “Baseball - Razzball Glossary Suggestions”