It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Duchscherer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Justin Duchscherer left the game after pitching 2.2 innings. The reason is unclear, but he seemed to have some discomfort with his right leg. He gave up 3 hits and had 3 Ks.

Post subject: Re: Duchscherer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:05 pm 

Hmm.... Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it's not too bad since it's not an arm issue.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:27 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I'm now hearing that it is a sore right hip.

The bad news: it's same hip he had surgery on
The good news: He didn't appear to be in much/any pain - not much of a discernible limp, even

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:02 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Update from Rotowire:
Quote:
An MRI on Duchscherer's hip Wednesday revealed no structural damage, just inflammation, and he will have a cortisone shot on Thursday, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

The good news here is that Duchscherer will avoid going on the 15-day DL. The bad - he is probably out until early September. Dana Eveland or Dan Meyer will take his spot in the rotation for now.

There's good and bad news here. The good: right now it looks like he's coming back - and, again, it's not an arm injury. The bad: He's not going on the DL at this time so he's taking up roster space. And if he's coming back, one can't very well cut him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:37 pm 

Guess it depends on your options and the league's depth, but I would cut him in 10 team leagues and 12 where there's other fish in the sea.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:06 pm 

Actually it is being reported that he's going to the DL.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfg ... y_id=29352

I'd drop him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:16 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Actually it is being reported that he's going to the DL.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfg ... y_id=29352

I'd drop him.

Ouch. At least I only own him in one league. In said league, I've got Chris Young on the DL. Which should I hang on to for some potential help in September?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:30 pm 

Young

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:20 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Who do you "like" as a "replacement" for Duch:

Yusmeiro Petit
Edwin Jackson
Wandy
Anibal Sanchez
Tom Gorzelanny (<- funny)

A choice bunch, I know. I'm also considering going with a middle reliever along the lines of Devine or Gaudin. That way at least I might get something in the weeks that I don't like the matchup for any of the above schmohawks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 pm 

They all could have some matchups potential. But the safest guys are the MRs, though they're going to offer the lowest returns, obviously.