It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Billy Wagner
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:32 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

MLB.com reports that Wagner experienced some discomfort in his shoulder during his appearance, today. He pitched well to get the save, but he's flying back to NYC early for an MRI.

Wagner's had some well documented problems over the last several weeks. And he turns 37 this month, too.

Does anyone have a guess at who would get save opps if Wagner is unavailable? My assumption is that it would be closer by committee since no one, especially Heilman, has instilled much confidence. Minor league phenom Eddie Kunz is still a ways off, I imagine.

Post subject: Re: Billy Wagner
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:06 pm 

Good heads up. Duaner has looked good and I think Heilman would get a look, as well.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:51 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Rotowire says that Wagner's headed to the DL. Brian Fuentes, and even Huston Street, are looking pretty good to Mets management right now. Who gets saves while he's out? Kunz? Wagner's been struggling with discomfort for a while; I wouldn't be surprised if this is a nagging thing for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:07 pm 

Word out of Queens is Heilman's first man to blow... saves, that is.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:15 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Word out of Queens is Heilman's first man to blow... saves, that is.

Ha. Funny because it's true.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:46 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

The AP is reporting that not only is Wagner going to miss the rest of this season.. but also all of 2009 after he has elbow surgery later this week.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the same genius in one of my leagues who kept Liriano since 2006 also hangs onto Wagner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:21 pm 

peter wrote:
The AP is reporting that not only is Wagner going to miss the rest of this season.. but also all of 2009 after he has elbow surgery later this week.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the same genius in one of my leagues who kept Liriano since 2006 also hangs onto Wagner.

Wow....Wow. Your 2009 Mets closer, K-Rod.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:17 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Wow....Wow. Your 2009 Mets closer, K-Rod.

I had the same thought. Which got me thinking, is Omar Minaya just trying to build a great fantasy team? He must be in a league that doesn't count holds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:48 pm 

Yeah, I feel like their bullpen could be their downfall this October.