Matsui may opt for season ending surgery.

Follow all of the players latest injury news, including every time Sheets sneezes.
Hank
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Matsui may opt for season ending surgery.

Postby Hank » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Matsui may opt for year-ending surgery.

"Yankees GM Brian Cashman said the team is "getting close" to acknowledging Hideki Matsui's season is over.
Matsui suffered a setback in his recovery, and will meet with the team physician in the next couple of days. If he does need to undergo surgery, it will likely be decided upon at that time.

Source: Yankees.mlb.com

Grey

Re: Matsui may opt for season ending surgery.

Postby Grey » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm pretty surprised by this. Great heads up, thanks for that.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

OPSRex

Postby OPSRex » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:39 pm

With today's news, does Matsui now become droppable in mixed leagues? I have Tulo and Ortiz both on the DL and only two DL spots. With the short week I could really use an extra spot opened up for a spot start or two. My offense is strong enough without Matsui. My biggest concern is he will not be an everyday player the rest of the year even if he does come back.

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:57 pm

I'd hold him until it's official, but if you need a spot, I could understand dropping him.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

BSUjam

Postby BSUjam » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:54 am

Who is going to pick up the slack? Is Brett Gardner going to be the guy? Look at the big brain on Brett!

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:00 pm

BSUjam wrote:Look at the big brain on Brett!

Ha!

He could have value too. He's got a ton of speed and hasn't been afraid of the Royale with Cheese.
Grey Albright

Hank
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby Hank » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:08 pm

ESPN is reporting the Yankees may be interested in Barry Bonds. Could be intriguing with the short porch in right.

AP article here: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j0HO ... QD91UIDFG4

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Eh, maybe... I think Ronald Blum is cooking the copy like Scott Templeton.
Grey Albright

Doug Ault
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby Doug Ault » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:09 pm

downpat75 wrote:Matsui may opt for year-ending surgery.

"Yankees GM Brian Cashman said the team is "getting close" to acknowledging Hideki Matsui's season is over.
Matsui suffered a setback in his recovery, and will meet with the team physician in the next couple of days. If he does need to undergo surgery, it will likely be decided upon at that time.

Source: Yankees.mlb.com

now that it looks like he'll give it a shot,I wonder how long before he's back?
I scooped him in a few leagues
Phil Rizzuto

"I'm glad I don't play anymore. I could never learn all those handshakes."

chenemy

Postby chenemy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:33 pm

"No word just yet on how long the Yankees are expecting Matsui to work in the minors, but his return to the lineup could happen in about a week if all goes well and he doesn't experience any setbacks with his knee along the way."

Return to “Injuries”