LOGIN

Curtis Granderson just went 41/25 with 136 runs and 119 RBIs.  The least you could do is keep him for another year.  Where are your manners?  You know who’s going to definitely get an overrated post for 2012 fantasy?  Yup.  But for now let’s focus on the positives with Grandy.  He was pegged as a lefty that only hits lefty but that wasn’t true last year.  A new career trend?  Sure, let’s say that for keeper purposes with the idea that I can change my mind when I write his overrated post.  Okay, that was the last time I’m even alluding to anything negative on him.  Last year he hit 16 homers and .272 against lefties.  That was the best power in the major leagues against left-handers.  A far cry from how bad he was against lefties in prior seasons.  Sure, his homer per fly ball rate was absurd against righties and especially lefties, but I’m not here to be negative! (Anymore.)  So what can we expect of Curtis Granderson for 2012 fantasy baseball and what makes him a keeper?

Rudy and I were on IM talking about Curtis Granderson for 2012 and I said I thought it was crazy that he was going early 2nd round of mock drafts.  Rudy shrugged (virtually) and said Grandy’s 2010 was only bad because of a terrible 1st half with major suckage during April and May.  (I’m paraphrasing Rudy here.)  He’s right; Grandy hit only 2 homers in April and zero homers in May in 2010.  Grandy does look like a 30 homer hitter in The Stadium They Built Across The Street From The House That Ruth Built.  I won’t talk about how Grandy only had 15 homers in 2010 up until September 1st.  I’m not going to say that because this post is not negative.  I also won’t talk about how he’s going to be 31 years old, how his K-rate went up last year and how his average is gonna be a lot closer to .250 than .260-plus.  What this comes down to is Grandy was drafted much later than you’re going to get him this year so as a keeper he’s a bargain.  Now if you can trade a cheap Grandy keeper for a better keeper… No, I’m not going to say anything negative about Granderson.  Not yet, at least.