Swine flu

Follow all of the players latest injury news, including every time Sheets sneezes.
crutina

Swine flu

Postby crutina » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:50 am

What is the difference between a flu and the swine flu? The symptoms are basically the same, right? How can someone tell if they have the swine flu rather than just a normal flu?

marcheese

Re: Swine flu

Postby marcheese » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:24 am

Haha... I'm not sure if you're a fantasy baseball-er, which is kind of funny if you aren't, but I'll try and answer it for you...

The flu is very similar to the swine flu, and the symptoms are almost identical. When swine flu was first realized, there was no vaccination so everyone was terrified of it. However, it is just as deadly (or undeadly) as any other flu. The people at risk from the swine flu are babies and elderly people. These are also the people at risk from the normal flu. Babies can die from the flu, but because of the vaccinations we have, it is unlikely. If you're teen to middle aged, I wouldn't be worried too much. But, I would go get it tested out and if you do test positive, I'd take the appropriate action to not affect others. You may find this website helpful...

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/swineflu ... mptoms.htm

bourquer

Re: Swine flu

Postby bourquer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 am

I think Brad Lidge has swine flu. Maybe that's why every save he gets costs him 2 earned runs.
h2h 12 teams (13 by 13)
c - mcann
1b - morneau
2b - barmes, polanco
SS - e. aybar
3b - beckham
OF - span, m bourn, s smith, CarGo, diaz
P - Wolf, Gallardo, Lester, Happ, Marquis, Harden, (moyer/kuroda)
RP - B Wilson, B Fuentes
dl - branyan

Return to “Injuries”