It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Fantasy Baseball 2029
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:45 pm 

I could see a league that's a simulation league and all the players are fictional. Fictional ball parks with fictional dimensions to the specs of the owner. And fictional minor leagues. Teams play 162 head to head, two ten team leagues just like MLB 2035. And each teams games are web cast with full 3-D reality. And the owner can be the broadcaster of his own team on the web cast. Or his friend can do it. And the artificial intelligence behind the game puts out a sports page every day complete with box scores, still pictures and columnists. And maybe there are a couple of people who follow along and create their own fictions to the game. Made up blog posts about made up players and teams. A Max Headroom meets ESPN highlight show with the nights games and clever comentary. A fantasy fantasy league. Like a massively multiple role game, but baseball. And stats for your fake guys. Deep fake SABR stat pages like on Fangraphs.

Post subject: Re: Fantasy Baseball 2029
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:25 pm 

Oaktown Steve you crazy, man.

That's true but you want to talk really crazy? I'm listening to Alice Coltrane right now. Like crazy, you dig?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:02 pm 

Should be listening to Alice Coltrane Jr. Jr. to keep the 2029 theme going...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:25 pm 

I like how women will be called Jr in 2029. So edgy.

Cats will be called "chigurrs". Coffee will be an entre.

In the fantasy baseball arena, you could be in a virtual reality suit that would make you believe you were in a luxury box in your own stadium watching your own team play all while cavorting with scantily clad models. With the tickling and the giggling. I think there's a chigurr in the back there somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:47 am 

Ha! Yeah, all women will have junior in their name...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:23 pm 

There will be unlimited time for fantasy baseball as nanite robots will grow all the food and do all the work. You'll be able to fully immerse yourself in your fake baseball universe. You can tinker with all kinds of things in the simulation. Low gravity environments, introduce double reverse screwballs and other physics defying pitches.

The super nanites will also continuously cleanse and repair our bodies so we can drink unlimited, free nanite-brewed beer and stuff whilst we while the hours away.

A Kurzweilian paradise for us and our chigurr familiars.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:02 pm 

see computers will be really powerful and particularly at virtual reality, virtual media (think Idoru) and mimicing human behavior. So you could experience baseball exactly as you do today, box scores, stats, newspapers, ESPN, blog, commenters on blogs, even the experience of being at the game through virtual reality. Everything created by AI. You could play together in league with friends or strangers like in fantasy today.

And if you didn't want it to be too real, you could add all that crazy stuff. Like a team with Mickey Mantle and also a polar bear that plays 2nd base and the polar bear could have Quinn the Eskimo for it's walk up music.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:07 pm 

Ha! You're awesome... I'm drafting a polar bear in the first round in 2029... But trading it in May when the weather warms up...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:59 am 

Oaktown Steve sez:

Hey Grey, Polar Bear is melting faster than an eskimo pie in Oslo in January (thanks global warming!). Which of these would you lose Polar Bear for, if any: Flame Throwning Toaster, 1977 Freddie Patek, Undead Paul Lynde?

Grey Reply:

@Oaktown Steve, Ha! Zombie Lynde.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:51 am 

Zombie Lynde is light on his feet...