It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Keepers - Pick 8
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:14 am 

A deal could work, depending on who you can get. If you can't make a deal, I'd wait until spring training to see how good Duchscherer looks then.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:41 pm 

Ok, so I've got some deals in the works.

I give:
$27 Berkman
$6 Napoli

I get:
$5 Jay Bruce

would it be better to give $5 Scott Baker with Napoli? Probably. . .I was also offered $13 Joba for about the same price, but he kind of sucks, so. . .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:16 pm 

youngid wrote:
Ok, so I've got some deals in the works.

I give:
$27 Berkman
$6 Napoli

I get:
$5 Jay Bruce

would it be better to give $5 Scott Baker with Napoli?

Yeah, I'd rather move Baker there, but the Berkman/Napoli trade for Bruce is still one I'd make.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:43 pm 

How about Berkman (27) and Baker (5) for JBruce(5) and JClement (5)??

Not sure if I'd keep Clement, but even so. . .

This is a tough one, I'm on the fence.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:03 am 

I'd prefer Bruce for $5, unless you think it's going to be slim pickins at the draft for stud OFs. If you think there's not going to be anyone worthwhile at the draft, then just hold onto Berkman.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:12 pm 

So I've got a couple deals on the table that are giving me pain.

Deal 1 - I give:
Dan Uggla ($13)
Mike Napoli ($6)

I get:
Sabathia ($26)
Halladay ($23)

and

Deal 2 - I give:
Napoli ($6) OR Scott Baker (5)

I get:
Stephen Drew ($11)

Are either of these deals worth making? I've always avoided expensive pitchers, but these guys are both a pretty good price, aren't they? I could pretty much fill out the rest of my staff with $1 guys. Also, I'm back and forth on Stephen Drew. All the other shortstops suck, but he's not that great either, is he?

I need some help here.

EDIT: I can also get Joba ($13) and Drew ($11) for Napoli and Baker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:38 pm 

youngid wrote:
So I've got a couple deals on the table that are giving me pain.

Deal 1 - I give:
Dan Uggla ($13)
Mike Napoli ($6)

I get:
Sabathia ($26)
Halladay ($23)

and

Deal 2 - I give:
Napoli ($6) OR Scott Baker (5)

I get:
Stephen Drew ($11)

Are either of these deals worth making? I've always avoided expensive pitchers, but these guys are both a pretty good price, aren't they? I could pretty much fill out the rest of my staff with $1 guys. Also, I'm back and forth on Stephen Drew. All the other shortstops suck, but he's not that great either, is he?

I need some help here.

EDIT: I can also get Joba ($13) and Drew ($11) for Napoli and Baker

Expensive pitchers aren't the greatest thing to have, but these are all great deals for you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 am 

I promise I'm going to stop asking questions about every little thing. Soon.

As of right now, here are my possible keepers:
$5 Chris Davis
$5 Alexei Ramirez
$7 Carlos Gomez
$18 Matt Kemp
$27 Lance Berkman

$5 Justin Duchscherer
$5 Scott Baker
$23 Roy Halladay
$26 CC Sabathia

So I've still got 9 potential keepers, and I'm trying to get down to 8. Anyway, people have picked up on my love of expensive pitchers, and I got offered $24 Cole Hamels for $7 Carlos Gomez. Is it worth doing, or do I have too many expensive pitchers?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:30 am 

Cole Hamels for $24 is solid, but you have too many expensive pitchers. If you wanted to keep Hamels, I'd say throw back Halladay or Sabathia, but that's six of one, a half-dozen of another.