It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Keepers-Salary Cap Style
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:22 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Haven't seen anybody on here with a sal cap issue but here's mine.

We play 300 cap, must draft 25 for 300 or less. We keep 6 every year with salaries progressing $5 per year.

For instance: This year I was able to keep Webb for 16, Hamels for 10, Utley for 42 (overpaid but I wanted him) Magglio for 7, Billingsley and Shields for 5 (free agent pickups from last year, sweet).

I've got a pretty safe lead, as this pitching staff has been winning the league for me all year.

Next year I can keep

Webb-21 Hamels-15 Bills-10 Shields-10. Still a $56 pitching staff but no offense.

I'm not keeping Utley for 47.

Is Maggs worth 12 and do I take a shot at Ianetta for 5? Will he take it to the next level?

10 team Roto

Post subject: Re: Keepers-Salary Cap Style
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:31 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Or Ludwick for 5?

Never thought of that till now.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:39 pm 

BigFatHippo wrote:
Haven't seen anybody on here with a sal cap issue but here's mine.

We play 300 cap, must draft 25 for 300 or less. We keep 6 every year with salaries progressing $5 per year.

For instance: This year I was able to keep Webb for 16, Hamels for 10, Utley for 42 (overpaid but I wanted him) Magglio for 7, Billingsley and Shields for 5 (free agent pickups from last year, sweet).

I've got a pretty safe lead, as this pitching staff has been winning the league for me all year.

Next year I can keep

Webb-21 Hamels-15 Bills-10 Shields-10. Still a $56 pitching staff but no offense.

I'm not keeping Utley for 47.

Is Maggs worth 12 and do I take a shot at Ianetta for 5? Will he take it to the next level?

A $56 pitching staff that deep is pretty awesome. I would keep Ludwick for that. But that leaves you with only 5 players, doesn't it?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:32 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yeah, Ludwick is a steal at 5.

But what about Iannetta?

Catchers are a crapshoot, as are pitchers.

I saw a comment you made about offense being more important in a keeper league. You're right, but in this case I might have the upper hand. Most of the good bats cost too much to keep, Albert 61, A Rod 65, etc. Grady would cost me 44.

Only have to draft 1 or 2 pitchers, catcher position set, I can spend all my money on hitters.

You like?

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:49 pm 

BigFatHippo wrote:
Yeah, Ludwick is a steal at 5.

But what about Iannetta?

Catchers are a crapshoot, as are pitchers.

I saw a comment you made about offense being more important in a keeper league. You're right, but in this case I might have the upper hand. Most of the good bats cost too much to keep, Albert 61, A Rod 65, etc. Grady would cost me 44.

Only have to draft 1 or 2 pitchers, catcher position set, I can spend all my money on hitters.

You like?

Oh, I'll always keep hitters over pitchers, but in your case your pitchers are such steals at those prices, you have to keep them. I wouldn't bother with a catcher though. What's Iannetta going to go for at that draft? Maybe $7 or $10? Eh. Not worth it.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:48 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Not a big fan of keeping catchers either. I don't think that's a category that can make or break a team.

I have to keep one more guy but don't know what they all will cost, the list will come out sometime before next years draft. I didn't draft Halladay but I hope he won't cost much over 25, if so I'm keeping him. What a staff that would be for a whole year.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:08 pm 

And Halladay? That would be insane.

What list do you guys use?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:22 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
And Halladay? That would be insane.

What list do you guys use?

List? As in cap dollars.

Ours is set from the previous year's draft. For instance I've had Hamels since his rookie year. Year 1 he cost nothing, free agent. Year 2 we add $5 to his salary to keep. Thats why he'll only cost 15 this year.

Guys like A Rod and Albert are rarely kept as they go for 60+. A Rod went for 70 this year, can you belive that? That's insane.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:52 pm 

Gotcha.

Then you should know what Halladay will cost, no?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:19 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Gotcha.

Then you should know what Halladay will cost, no?

Uh no.

I'm usually so drunk by the end of the draft I can't find my ass with both hands. Hell of a party, dancing girls, midget tossing, some stoner playing an Oboe.......that's how I remember it anyway.

Just asked the Commish for the list so I should know something soon. Halladay probably went pretty high depending on how early he was drafted.

10 team Roto