Util Conundrum

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Util Conundrum

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:43 am

Hawpe v Dbacks (Haren) or C Pena @ A's (Gallagher)?

Both are lefties facing righties, although Hawpe (prett hot lately) has the tougher match-up, so does he sit?
This IS my f**king outlet!

Grey

Re: Util Conundrum

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:11 am

Steve wrote:Hawpe v Dbacks (Haren) or C Pena @ A's (Gallagher)?

Both are lefties facing righties, although Hawpe (prett hot lately) has the tougher match-up, so does he sit?

Pena, but I'd prefer both starting.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Yeah - I've had this problem all year. Have to choose for my Util spot between guys that are too good to drop, but who I can't find buysers for either.

Doesn't help that that the only other place I can put Pena is 1B, where I have Howard and the only other place I can put Hawpe is RF, where I have Markakis.

How does Howard + Hawpe for Vlad sound?

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:14 pm

14/34/about .320 for Hawpe in June/July. August, he's headed the same way.
11/30 about .330 for Vlad in June/July. August, he's hitting better average-wise, but he's not killing Hawpe in SLG. Guess it's the long way to say, I don't see the point of this trade. Can't you trade Pena for a different part?
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Thanks, Grey - good call. I guess I'd be doing it it to clear some space (but hopefully not at the cost of weakening my team) - not really the best reason to do it!

I'll give it a try with Pena, but he did languish on the wire for a bit before I picked him up, so I'm not sure he's all that desirable. I didn't even have to use a waiver claim...

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:06 pm

Hey, didn't Pena get a HR today?
Grey Albright

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:11 pm

You know it!

And not only did he get it - I got it too.

No one can go too far wrong by doing what Grey Albright says.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:16 am

Sometimes you go wrong, but I'm not sure if anyone's right about everything all the time. Well, maybe my girlfriend.
Grey Albright

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:31 am

And my wife.

And the crazy thing is, even when she's wrong - she's right.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:51 am

As the US of A saying goes, "When it comes to women, do you want to be right or happy?" Choose happy.
Grey Albright

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”