please Rank'em - Sp Waiver Pickups for the next 2-4 weeks

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
ragsandpags

please Rank'em - Sp Waiver Pickups for the next 2-4 weeks

Postby ragsandpags » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:52 pm

with much props to the Razz writers & community, my squad has snuck into the playoffs, in 4th position out of 10. (Our season ends early due to owner fatigue the last 2 years.) We have a faab auction for the opening playoff round (taking place over the next 2 weeks) and i need some Sp. Having a tough time distinguishing among these guys, as there are good matchups for newbie pitches then the big names with tougher schedules. . .so please rank the following SPs. standard 5x5 categories, head to head. the pickins are razztastic but i need to put on my Sp goggles and pick up at least 2 or 3 of these.

Pettitte (2 starts this week but tough matchups at tex and LAA)
Perkins (2 easy starts sea and kc)
Moyer (2 starts i think)
Dave bush (2 starts but on the road, where he is more razzy)
Pedro
Marcum

I am most concerned with performance over the next 2 weeks since it's the first round elimination of the playoffs. Again, it's a 2 week playoff but no FAAB before the 2nd week. If i manage to win the first round i'll go into a final playoff where we have one more faab auction.

What says the chorus??

Hebrew Hammer

Re: please Rank'em - Sp Waiver Pickups for the next 2-4 weeks

Postby Hebrew Hammer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:31 pm

Pettitte is my number one; he really lights it up this time of year.

The only other pitcher i would trust in that group in Perkins, and that is only based on matchups.

None of the others interest me.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:28 pm

ragsandpags wrote:with much props to the Razz writers & community, my squad has snuck into the playoffs, in 4th position out of 10. (Our season ends early due to owner fatigue the last 2 years.) We have a faab auction for the opening playoff round (taking place over the next 2 weeks) and i need some Sp. Having a tough time distinguishing among these guys, as there are good matchups for newbie pitches then the big names with tougher schedules. . .so please rank the following SPs. standard 5x5 categories, head to head. the pickins are razztastic but i need to put on my Sp goggles and pick up at least 2 or 3 of these.

Pettitte (2 starts this week but tough matchups at tex and LAA)
Perkins (2 easy starts sea and kc)
Moyer (2 starts i think)
Dave bush (2 starts but on the road, where he is more razzy)
Pedro
Marcum

I am most concerned with performance over the next 2 weeks since it's the first round elimination of the playoffs. Again, it's a 2 week playoff but no FAAB before the 2nd week. If i manage to win the first round i'll go into a final playoff where we have one more faab auction.

What says the chorus??

Pedro, Perkins, Pettitte, Marcum.... But I would only start Pedro on a deep team. I would not start the rest. I only listed them because you said you needed two or three.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

and1mcgee
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby and1mcgee » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:35 pm

Moyer has been hot and I am going to be spotting him for Tuesday...
c - wieters
1b - kung fu panda
2b - espinosa
3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - cuddyer (1b, 2b, of)
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:15 pm

The Marlins aren't very good against lefties so it's not a start without some merit, but I wouldn't do it.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

and1mcgee
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby and1mcgee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Moyer 10-0 vs. FLA, they suck against lefties, are you sure, Grey?

What is another 'good bet' spot this week, then?
c - wieters
1b - kung fu panda
2b - espinosa
3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

and1mcgee
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby and1mcgee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:31 pm

guthrie, campillo, meche, wakefield, blackburn, maholm all FAs in my league
c - wieters
1b - kung fu panda
2b - espinosa
3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:28 pm

I'd go Campillo, Guthrie, Moyer, Meche, Blackburn, punt.
Grey Albright

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”