LOGIN

Hehe, I said tool.  Okay, with help of a very talented programmer and an occasional commenter, Jamil, we’ve turned this year’s War Room inside out and ripped off the tag.  Our 2013 Fantasy Baseball War Room is one part draft tool, one part fantasy team evaluator, one part fantasy junkie’s s’s and g’s tool, one part holy, two parts smokes, three parts… How many parts is that so far?  Cause it’s only really seven parts total.  I think there’s one part kill-your-day-with-this-war-room-thing-a-maboob in there too.  I don’t know, guys and four girls, I think it’s pretty cool and I only get excited about things once every three full moons or once every time I see the t-shirt with three moons and a wolf.  For reals, it might be the best thing since sliced bread.  Now sliced bread that is toasted and buttered is another story entirely.  This shizz is so insane, we named it after Andre 3000.  Shake it like a Fantasy Baseball War Room, shake it!

If you’re unfamiliar with our Fantasy Baseball War Room, it’s a draft tool to help you can track where you are at any moment in a draft.  It shows you if you have too many steals, homers… Or if your ERA or WHIP are too low.  Or if your lamb should be turned (results vary on lamb).  If you’ve already drafted a team, go into the War Room, enter your team and it shows you exactly how stacked/dreadful the team is.  If you’re in the middle of a draft, you can filter which guys are left that have the most home runs according to my projections.  Or the most steals, or the most runs or the most whatever (only applicable if “Whatever” is a category in your league).  If you’re in a bind, go into a Warm Room and take a shvitz.   Ah…That’s better!  There might be some bugs in our 2013 Fantasy Baseball War Room, just comment here and we’ll look into fixes.  If you like it, thank Jamil.  The default projections are mine from the 2013 fantasy baseball rankings.  (We’re working on putting Steamer projections in it too.)  It should be pretty self-explanatory, but here’s a quick tutorial:

• Choose what kind of team you want to draft.  How many catchers, outfielders, middle infielders, etc.  ESPN and Yahoo are for position eligibility.  It doesn’t mean you’re playing there.  ESPN is 20 games started; Yahoo is 5 started and 10 games played.  So that means ESPN and CBS are the same.  Or wherever you play that uses 20 or 10 game eligibility is accounted for.  Please don’t ask if we can add CBS.
  • Now as you draft players, click Draft next to their name.  If someone else takes them, then X them out.  If a player is eligible at more than one position, drop down the menu to the position you want them at.  If you can’t find a player, search for them at the top.  As Jeff Francoeur would say, voila!
  • Get as close to the Totals as you can.
  • Wanna start again?  Delete the Team and start again.  Wanna throw your computer out the window from excitement?  Go for it!