All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: don't start weeks tomorrow
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:57 pm 

have him benched for past few days and started figgins:

figgins: 3 for 18 and 1 run scored
weeks: 6 for 15, 5run 1hr 5 rbi

since angels don't play tomorrow, i'm starting weeks anyways

but since i am starting him, yost will probably play durham instead, huh?

so don't start him if you have a choice, you've been warned!

Post subject: Re: don't start weeks tomorrow
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:52 pm 

You should see if you can sneak Weeks into your lineup at the last second to avoid the jinx.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:53 pm 

Grey wrote:
You should see if you can sneak Weeks into your lineup at the last second to avoid the jinx.

I've tried that. It don't work. One time in frustration I even tried just continually alternating two guys in/out of the lineup seconds before the deadline until the deadline randomly determined who I started. Ha! Didn't work either.

And sometimes you just forget to check your lineup and you get screwed. Like today, I meant to move Mclouth to RF (daygame) and leave LF open so I can still have option to start Lind (LF only) over Scott if I wanted later on. I was busy and totally forgot to check in in the afternoon, so I ended up with Scott. And Lind steals a base! So today Matsui hits a hr and Lind steals a base on the bench. Sonnavabench! I bet it (Kaz hr + Lind sb) won't ever happen on the same day again this year. I really could write a friggin novel just detailing on the smurfin' luck I have with fantasy baseball.

Yost could still sit Weeks tomorrow though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 pm 

oh i told you so :|

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:44 pm 

Ok Yost is pissing me off. What's with sitting Weeks twice in 3 games. I can't be around to check pregame lineups everyday so am I suppsed to play it safe and start my backup 2b everyday?

Luckily my backup Matsui didn't have a big game, or I'd really be angry. Beware the smurf rage Yosty. If you get a bag with non-identifiable foul smellin' blue goo inside, that's from me.

Overall, another terrible day for my team.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:07 pm 

oh i know how ya feel :/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:46 pm 

I think my luck really hasn't gotten a little better lately.

I was on the fence whether to start Weeks or Matsui. I went with Matsui because he has been more consistent. When I logged on and saw 6-0 MIL, I had a sinking feeling, Weeks is having a big day, but then I went to look at the HOU-NYM game, and Matsui homered!

Earlier in the yr this would never happen. Whoever I pick would have the worse game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:39 pm 

I went with Weeks over Matsui and Lind over Mclouth today and neither move backfired like it always did earlier in the season. If not for Lyon being his usual self, Mclouth would not have gotten an rbi hit and I would have come out ahead. Add the two moves together, and it's a wash, which is fine with me. Even picking up Snyder for a spot start worked. This is the luckiest, or should I say, the least unlucky week I've had all year. For the first time all year I feel like my team actually could win this thing. I am liking the kinder and gentler Lady Luck. I think my incessant complaining on the Razzball forum is working. :D

The 2nd place team is still very lucky though. He owns both Shields and KROD. Shields enters a 4 run game. Got 2 outs and then another ANA error opens the flood gates. He and KROD give up 4 runs, but all unearned. And he picks up an important win (he also got a W from Guardado to offset my two wins from SPs tonight) as Sherrill is now street pizza from falling back down to earth. I am sure he would exchange 4 baserunners and 0 ERs for a win anytime. Basically only he can have two rotten outings from relievers and still come out better than if his RPs had gotten the job done.

But, given how many terrible breaks in fantasy ball I've endured this year, I'll have to view tonight as a good one for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 pm 

papasmurf wrote:
or should I say, the least unlucky week I've had all year. For the first time all year I feel like my team actually could win this thing.

Hehe

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:35 am 

Weeks actually has 3 hits the other way in the last two games off a RHP, maybe he's finally figuring things out. Today's performance IS against a crap pitcher, but in the past he couldn't hit anyone.

Here's hoping Matsui has a decent game... I coulda really used Weeks' two ribbies. My speed guys aren't running, and my power guys aren't homering or driving runs in... Last night my team had 15 hits but drove in exactly 3.
--------

EDIT: Probably his most encouraging game of the year. No homers or steals or extra base hits, but 4 hits and a long flyout. 3 of the 4 hits to RF for the first time that I can remember this year.