It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Lind or Scott?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:46 pm 

If I get a few more days in which my bench does not outproduce my lineup, then maybe.

Looking over my teamlog, my luck has been so bad that I am prolly due for some good luck. My spot starters are probably a combined .180 or so, and it's that "high" only because of Spilborghs' .400 BA in 50ABs (then he got hurt). And I only start'em against scrubs like Luis Mendoza and Livan Hernandez. I don't have the heart to add the numbers up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:52 pm 

Maybe Gaston is a really good manager. He resisted moving up Lind in the order to avoid pressure. Now he finally moved him to fifth, and Lind has looked terrible so far.

The TEX pitcher is crap, even Rolen went deep against him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:13 am 

Gaston may be watching this thread to see what moves you make.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:50 am 

He did look pretty bad through his first 4 AB's, just trying to do an extra to much. He should settle in that spot eventually.

But the great thing is, he came through when the Jay's needed him the most, and RBI triple in the top of the ninth to take a 7-6 lead. It was tied at 6-6 for 2 or 3 innings.

It sucked that Ryan had to blow the game and save. :cry:

C-Soto
1B-Konerko
2B-F.Lopez
3B-Reynolds
SS-S.Drew
MI-Tulo
CI-Blalock
4 OF-Willingham,Kemp,Rajai Davis,Ichiro Suzuki
2 UTIL-Alcides Escobar,E.Dukes
BN- Montero,Miledge,Mark Ellis,Everth Cabrera
DL-Beltran,J.Upton

SP-Beckett,Wainright,Latos,Harden,Liriano
RP-H.Bell,Howell,Johnson,C.Perez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:02 pm 

Either he's cooling down or moving him up to 5th really shook his nerves.

Great matchup against Luis Mendoza, so I can't sit him. (Or can I?) Scott is facin' Craploads Silva, but even though I only start him against bad RHPs, Scott is 2 for 15 for me...

It sux that he is cooling down when he gets to play @ TEX against that pitching staff.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:00 am 

Anyone facing Silva is a must start. Then again Mendoza is a mess too.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:38 am 

Actually THome's out, so I can play both Lind and Scott.

Neither are swinging the stick well now though. Maybe they close their eyes and get catch one by luck.
-------

Turns out Milledge was the one to start. By the time I realized Thome was out, it was too late to put Milledge in the lineup. Homer AND steal. My fault for overlooking him. Didn't realize how bad Cueto has been lately.

I have a sickening feeling about what Scott and Lind will do today... Classic smurf. I'm out.
----
EDIT: Hey not as bad as I am used to. Scott actually had a hit and rbi so far, which is as good as I could hope for. If Lind picks up just a sac fly, I would count it as an unusually lucky day for me compared to what came before.

Check back later.

Last edited by papasmurf on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:09 pm 

Smurf breaks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:54 pm 

Wow, this is amazing. Lind not only has that sac fly but also has a hit. Even Scott, who was 2 for 20 when I've started him only against scrubs, got 2 hits. I am so not used to this.

Now I am even feeling like maybe I can safely bench Mclouth (13 for 36 with 5 hrs when I've sat him this yr, in May and June). I didn't like his chances today vs Big Z, but went with him anyway cuz I've just been burned so much sitting him.

I may sit him for Cust vs. Halladay. I actually like this matchup better. I don't like what I've seen out of Mclouth since Bay and Nady left.