It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Lind or Scott?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:34 pm 

I started Scott over Lind today. Turned out to be a huge mistake. For tomorrow, which one do you recommend? Scott vs. Burnett or Lind vs. Guthrie?

Also, is there any chance Yost sits Weeks tomorrow for Durham? My backup Matsui has a day game and Weeks has a night game, which means I won't be able to start a backup 2b if Weeks does get benched. I am thinking maybe I should play it safe and start Matsui since he has a pretty good chance for a sb tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: Lind or Scott?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:55 pm 

Weeks probably sits tomorrow. Yost said he was going to play Durham a few games a week. A day after night game would make sense. The way Lind has been hitting, I would keep him in my lineup until he cooled off, or unless he was facing a tough lefty.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:15 am 

Weeks has a night game though, and I believe MIL still has one more game with STL on THR so perhaps Weeks sits in the finale. He hit 3 balls pretty hard tonight and seem to be hitting better now.

Jeez I think I will just stick with Weeks. I hope Yost doesn't screw me over.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:21 pm 

Kaz Matsui hit a homer? LOL are you kidding me?

--------

Well at least Weeks has a very nice game with 3 hits. So I gained 2 hits but lost a homer and a steal.

I thought that Matsui would likely pick up an sb but definitely didn't see that hr coming.

I am gonna look at the glass half full and enjoy the fact that Weeks' bat finally is coming around. It's tough to do that as my team is out of first and the now first place team can pick up anyone at random and get amazing games (Willie Harris is a power hitter???), but I'll try.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:14 pm 

Same dilemma, who to start for one OF spot tomorrow?

Cust home vs. Greinke. Greinke struggling lately and Cust hits much better at home. Due for a few hrs this week I feel.

Scott @ Yanks vs. Moose. It seems Moose should be knocked around everytime with his arsenal, but he is still getting it done.

Lind home vs. Shields. Shields' numbers are bad on the road this yr, but he's the best pitcher of the 3. This feels like one of those traps where I bench the guy facing the best pitcher and the hitter ends up with the best game. Then again, Shields pitches for my main rival for first place, and his guys always beats my guys when they go h2h so Shields could very well throw a 2 hitter.

Right now I am ranking them Lind, Cust, Scott in terms of who to start.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:33 pm 

papasmurf wrote:
Same dilemma, who to start for one OF spot tomorrow?

Cust home vs. Greinke. Greinke struggling lately and Cust hits much better at home. Due for a few hrs this week I feel.

Scott @ Yanks vs. Moose. It seems Moose should be knocked around everytime with his arsenal, but he is still getting it done.

Lind home vs. Shields. Shields' numbers are bad on the road this yr, but he's the best pitcher of the 3. This feels like one of those traps where I bench the guy facing the best pitcher and the hitter ends up with the best game. Then again, Shields pitches for my main rival for first place, and his guys always beats my guys when they go h2h so Shields could very well throw a 2 hitter.

Right now I am ranking them Lind, Cust, Scott in terms of who to start.

What do you think?

Cust, Scott, Lind

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:11 am 

Ok, I am putting Cust in the lineup today over Lind.

If you own Lind, start him. (vs. Ejax)

If you own Cust, bench him (not that you'd be starting him anyway unless you are in a deeper league than me). (vs. Bannister)

My good deed for the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:19 am 

Thanks, Smurf. Mighty nice of you.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:21 pm 

Hey! How bout that? I didn't get burned like usual.

Could it be the curse is lifted?

Perhaps Lady Luck finally found a man who likes double chins on his woman, so she ain't taking out her frustrations on this hapless smurf anymore. Or it could just be that she has a date for one day...

Anyway, to the great man who is satisfying Lady Luck's "needs," even if it's for one day, whoever you are, I owe you one. Thanks very much.

Signed, A Happy Smurf.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:22 pm 

Wait, so are we supposed to do what you do now?