It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Rickie Weeks bench bound?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:41 am 

Is Ray Durham going to start stealing playing time from Weeks? How much does this trade hurt Weeks value?

Post subject: Re: Rickie Weeks bench bound?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:06 pm 

It crushes Weeks's value. Cuts into big time. I'll talk more on the tonight/tomorrow morning's roundup.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:20 pm 

Weeks has actually been playing better lately. Yost has been a vocal supporter of Weeks (in public anyway). I think Durham is a bench player unless Weeks slumps badly in the next few weeks.

Or maybe a trade involving Weeks is in the works...

I just can't see them handing the job to Durham right when Weeks is starting to play better when they stuck with him through all the rough times.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:48 pm 

I am giving serious thought to cutting bait with Weeks. I've tried shopping him for some time. Even the guy starting Freddie Sanchez is scared off by the low BA. I have Kinsler at 2B and have been using Weeks in a Ult spot, but with Ortiz and Tulo coming off the DL this week I'd have little use for Weeks. As it is, I have Mike Aviles as Tulo insurance should Tulo inflict any more bodily harm to himself. Either Tulo or Aviles could also be used as trade bait to fill other needs. As much as I love Weeks' upside and power/speed potential, I have a hard time seeing it come all together for him this year if he is going to sit against some RHP. I hate to waste bench spots on hitters, especially ones who may not play everyday. I think it is goodbye Rickie, or is it Ricky?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:45 pm 

3 run jack and a walk so far, so maybe it is working. Then again, if he goes back to pulling off everything trying to hit hrs tomorrow, then we know we are back to square 1.

I have him benched as I liked Matsui to steal a base tonight. He did. Now if Weeks steals one too against the tough-to-run-on Molina, then I'd be pissed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:34 pm 

damn, seems like everytime i'm on top of managing my lineup on a daily basis, i would get screwed like sending weeks to the bench today :|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:43 pm 

Now the question for me is whether to start him tomorrow or not. Does he try to hit another one 500 ft or does he just try to hit the ball hard somewhere? He didn't K tonight, which is good. After his last hr, he didn't get a hit for another week... ok not really, but close.

I keep waiting for him to show the ability to drive the ball hard the other way like he did in his good stretch last year, but maybe it's not happening this yr...

---

A side note, this Pinata, or Pineiro, whatever his name is, he appears to suck as he gives out basehits like Jesse Jackson gives out free nut chopping tips; but how come he shut down the Phillies when my Cole Hamels ran up against him?

In fact, how come the Phils score 7 million runs a game for everyone else but score nothing for Hamels?

Webb has 4 more wins than Hamels but Hamels' stats are superior. (would have been 5 more if not for Lyons)

Off topic. Sorry.